Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lowell Kempf
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, it’s not easy to trying to run a group of estates and duchies and provinces here in Belgium. There’s just not a lot of land to go around so you end up fighting over it all with the same two or three other nobles. We used to just hire militia to rough each other’s men up but we’ve gotten to the point where we have witches possess people so we can engage in a little espionage. I tell you, it’s a noble eat noble world out there.

So, when King Leopold said that he wanted us to expand and go for the colonies, I thought he was nuts. We’re already keeping torturers and swindlers in our basements and now you want us to have to deal with even more land? I thought his majesty was completely bonkers!

But, oh, wouldn’t you know it, there was a method to his madness.

Do you know what we found out you get when you expand into the colonies? Treasure. You are making money hand over fist once you wander into off to a place where you don’t have to worry about pesky things like human rights and property legislation.

Yes, you can get loans to tide you over at interest rates no bank back home would ever offer you. You can sell some contraband on the side and it’s worth its weight in gold. And, if you really make sure the locals put their backs into it, you can find yourself spending platinum like it was gold, except that it’s better.

And, what’s more than that, the power’s not just in owning the land! Things like power and prestige are a lot more liquid. You can just put up a silly monument to get your name out there and that will increase your influence. Better yet, hire a corrupt bishop to spread a bit of fame. And, you can always get some of your goons to beat some respect out of people.

Yes, the colonies are the place to be. You don’t want to be a local yokel. There’s prosperity over those seas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.