KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Link: http://www.tanga.com/products/crokinole-tournament-sized-boa...

$97.99 (STU) + $19.99 shipping.

$99.99 (non-STU) + $19.99 shipping.

Some more info: Crokinole for US Market PRODUCED! Preorder SOLD OUT. Shipped 8/30/10... preorder 2nd wave now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floyd Sherrod
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would like to know why Mayday would sell to/through Tanga for a much reduced price when they have more demand than they can meet anyway at the higher price through their own website.

Seth, care to commment? Are these ding/dent copies? Slighlty flawed in some way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fhsIV wrote:
Would like to know why Mayday would sell to/through Tanga for a much reduced price when they have more demand than they can meet anyway at the higher price through their own website.

Seth, care to commment? Are these ding/dent copies? Slighlty flawed in some way?

Seth said that Tanga purchased that at near retail and was selling them as a loss leader.

As of now...SOLD OUT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Lai
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fhsIV wrote:

maydaygames left a comment on the item at tanga:

maydaygames wrote:

Tanga bought these at close to retail and has just a few of them, they are using it as a loss-leader from what we can tell. Mayday is totally out of them and will not be restocking for a few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Tanga reserved these at close to full retail and offered them as a special to some newsletter subscribers or something and not on their main page to the general public. They purchased them and had a right to do with them as they wanted.

Yes ours are sold out and you can only preorder for the next wave which will be a couple of months we expect. You may want to check with BoardsandBits and Toad And Troll though, they also got some very limited allocations. Other than that your best bet is to try your local game store and ask them to carry it.

We are shipping out to all the preorder customers around Friday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! I can get mine for my games night in Orem next Wednesday!

Edit (I preordered)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ohst
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got one of the last ones on Tanga today. I played on one of these boards at Gen Con. It seemed like a good quality board (not that I have much experience with Crokinole boards). I almost bought one if the demo boards there but now I'm glad I waited.

Update:

Just got a notice that my board is shipping out today! Yahoooooo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.