Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put potions on the table and play whatever random or chosen setup of cards except alchemy. But include Black Market, and for the Black Market deck, put all the alchemy cards in there.

I'm not sure how well it would work, but it's very net thematically. That alchemy is a dark art and only available in the black market. And if someone is lucky enough to get possession and have enough for it, then maybe they deserve to be able to use it.

It may also balance the strength of some of the alchemy cards by making them a little harder to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, can you still only buy 1 copy of each?

IE, there is only 1 transmute, 1 possession per game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd never buy either potion or black market.

With the current rules, you have to buy a potion and then only when it is in your hand can you buy an alchemy card. A reasonable barrier to purchasing.

Now I need to have a Potion in my hand before I even think about playing Black Market, only to possibly get a card I might be interested in (assuming I can even afford it).

It might work if you ignored the Potions deck all together and changed Black Market to +potion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwommy the Purple
United States
Portland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asmiles wrote:
It might work if you ignored the Potions deck all together and changed Black Market to +potion.

That's not a bad idea. I'd say to pretend that Black Market reads, "Choose one: +2 Coins or +1 Potion"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeloftus wrote:
Interesting, can you still only buy 1 copy of each?

IE, there is only 1 transmute, 1 possession per game.

You could change the rules of black market to allow X copies of each card in the black market deck.

As to the toughness of getting black market and potions together, I don't know. I also just remembered that there are at least 2 cards in alchemy that don't cost a potion. Perhaps that helps.

Maybe someone should make an alternate black market card that works slightly differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Magic

+P

Reveal the top 3 cards of the Black Magic deck. You may buy one of them immediately. Put the unbought cards on the bottom of the Black Magic deck in any order.

------

(Before the game, make a Black Magic deck out of two copies of each Kingdom card costing at least one P not in the supply)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karrde wrote:
Black Magic

+P

Reveal the top 3 cards of the Black Magic deck. You may buy one of them immediately. Put the unbought cards on the bottom of the Black Magic deck in any order.

------

(Before the game, make a Black Magic deck out of two copies of each Kingdom card costing at least one P not in the supply)

perfect. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
In regard to the possession card, it's definitely not overpowered for that situation. I played a normal black market game once and got just the right cards to get it. My opponent got a king's court though, and used it to go through her entire deck in a single turn multiple times.

Somehow when I possessed her I was never lucky enough to get a hand worth more than 5. Maybe it was just bad luck, but possession didn't seem overpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.