Hank Panethiere
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geeklist for auction is:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/58124/relative-needs-expen...

I never thought I'd be doing one of these auctions but unfortunately I'm going to have to. Sometimes I think I enjoy collecting games as much as, if not more, than playing them, so this is not easy on several levels.

My Wife's mother is in the final stages of terminal cancer and we have been put in the unenviable and sad position of having to move her into a skilled nursing facility. So far a lot of our the medical expenses have been covered by insurance or Medicare / Medicaid. She is no longer responding to treatment so she has been put on hospice care and been moved to a skilled nursing facility which is not covered by any of our current resources. Hopefully none of you has to ever find out how much a room in skilled cared facility costs per day, let's just say it's very expensive. My Mother in Law's room and board will have to come out of pocket.

I'm going to be putting items up for auction over the next couple of days please subscribe to this thread whether you see anything you're interest initially.

I can take payment through Paypal (hank@panethiere.com) and the auction will run for two weeks (until September 8th). Shipping will be whatever is cheapest via USPS.

I don't really solid reserves in mind, just what seems fair. As an item gets bids I'll post probably post a reserve price.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to bid early and often.

If you'd like to help feel free to add a game to the auction.

Geeklist for auction is:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/58124/relative-needs-expen...

My Mother in Law passed away today around 6 pm ...now the complicated and emotional "after death" process begins. I will still be continuing the auction as planned, the "after death" costs are also pretty daunting.

Thanks again everyone for your bids, thumbs, GG, kind wishes, and personal Geekmails of support. This site and it's community are the best (but we already knew that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Relative needs expensive care Auction - link inside
New-style link: AUCTION OVER Mother with terminal cancer needs expensive care/ funeral expenses Auction - More Games and soft reserves added
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.