Dark Overlord
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It all started rather innocently, I had been prepping my oldest daughter for a few months, to get her involved in some games. We've played a few turns of Talisman before to help her get some of the rules down.

We'd also played WoW:the adventure game before. I should have seen this coming as she chose to play the orc warrior in that because he could hurt my poor gnome sorceror.

Fast forward to last Sunday. My daughter eagerly helps me set up the board and we choose some characters. She of course wants to be a girl so she chooses between the vampiress, amazon, and valkyrie. I wanted to try some of the weird characters so I grab out the Leprechaun, Sprite and troll. I started with the leprechaun, she with the amazon.

Seeing that my St. was low, she immediately went after me as soon as I landed on the wood (3 gold) it was all down-hill from there. I wound up pulling the transmutator and the black unicorn on one space, with a one rolled by her, I beat the unicorn, only to promptly be turned into a toad, and lose it as a follower. I then wound up hopping to my death due to being stuck between a bunch of monsters.

Next up the Sprite. This went much better and I was in a big lead and I was able to get all the way to the battle with the pit fiends. Of course I roll 6 with only 2 wounds remaining, and my daughter cackles with glee as she exterminates my second character.

She had by now reached the inner region and I hastily started the troll. I was able to get some easy kills to boost my st. to a 9 and then I pulled a talisman from the deck and I used a teleport square to get me to the middle region. After a few turns she had wittled my life down with the command spell, and I was able to reach the inner region.

All told, I was able to beat the werewolf, almost getting to her, when she killed me with the command spell.

Things I learned from this game:

My daughter has a mean streak. She absolutely loved the crown of command, taking perverse pleasure in every 4+ roll.

The troll is really tough. dragons quake in fear at his sight.

never play with a player hunter if you plan on using a craft character.

Next up: adding the Dungeon (and maybe alternate endings)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I love hearing stories about gaming with kids!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gerrard
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbed on Title Alone.

Good Report as well =)

Dagerr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
So you're playing with multiple characters each? Doesn't that take a huge lot longer than it would with only one character per player?

Or did I misunderstand something?

Edit: Nevermind, you chose the characters you'd use if the first ones died before the game already, right? Gee, silly me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
been there with my 7 year old.she lovel playing the sorceress(old edition) and wants to try the sprite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's side of the family does she get this from, anyway? laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Overlord
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be me I can proudly say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.