Subject: Goblin Slayer resplendent with painted minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Building a copy of this fun little game was my project for August. Now that I'm done I thought I'd post some pics.
Actually, I only made part of the game myself. I wanted to spend my time painting minis, not measuring and cutting chipboard, so I outsourced the tiles to Andrew Tullsen of Print and Play Productions. I was very pleased with the results. His tiles are excellent as is, but I made them a little extra nice by painting the edges with black acryllic paint and then spraying shellac on them for a durable and only slightly shiny finish.

The gems, the die, and the printout of the cover art are also from Andrew. The box I made myself, adhering the printout of the cover art which was printed on label stock, and again using the spray shellac. The box is lined with book cloth, which looks really fancy. I did the same thing with my Dead of Night box(http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/529345/my-ultimate-dead-of-n...). I also printed out the rules in booklet format on resume paper.

I wanted very serious, scary-looking monsters. I found them at Hobby Bunker in Malden MA. The goblins are by West Wind, from their Dwarf Wars line. They were on sale and I couldn't tell how many were in each box, so I bought more than twice as many goblins as I needed. If you're making your own copy of Goblin Slayer and you'd like me hook you up with the extras just send me a PM. UPDATE: no longer available. The cave troll and the dwarf are both Reaper minis.

What's the difference between a mere mini and a finely wrought game piece? Felt bottoms, that's what. The felt bases allow my monsters to glide silently around the caves, without scratching up the tile surface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get your own PnP made for you, for 20% off:
[listitem=1515649][/listitem]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.