Subject: Whats the Best way to sell alot of games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Perry Prine
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have quite a few games, and I'm considering selling about half of them. Is eBay the best way? I know it's easy, but shipping and finding packing materials seems to be a hassle to me.

I just wondered what you guys thought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
mbmbmbmbmb
As a lot? Sell the most valuable ones individually though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is "quite a few?" I sold about 850-900 this spring just by advertising that I was selling them on a particular day in a kind of garage sale. If you're looking to sell hundreds of games, many of which are kind of ordinary, and you have a sizable gamer population nearby, that's one possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
An auction right here on the Geek is also a good way to sell games. You are more likely to get a single buyer buying multiple games that way as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are games by Hasbro and Milton Bradley (not counting the big box MB games) or other big-store games you're better off selling it on Craigslist or through a yard sale. The BGG crowd won't be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch T
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Open a FLGS, buy an inventory, and then sell the inventory. Never fails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For about $35.00 you can buy a HUGE bag of packing peanuts at the UPS store. By HUGE I mean like 5 ft tall and 4 ft circumference. Last time I bought one, I had to take my wife's SUV 'cause it wouldn't fit in my car.

You can get Priority Mail boxes and Priority Mail packing tape for free directly from the Post Office. In fact, you can order those supplies for free on-line and the USPS will deliver directly to your house.

That should make the eBay option easier to deal with. Oh yeah, and if you decide to sell on eBay, download their Turbo Lister. I like using that because it allows me to upload all my auctions at once so they have a similar ending time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lisa smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also donate the lower value ones to a school, boys/girls club, or shelter if they are playable by teens. Then take a tax donation for the value. Not as much money as selling them, but less hassle and you do in a sense get some money for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
You only list yourself as owning 7 games. I hope you aren't thinking 3 is a lot.

It takes me about 1-2 hours per game to sell. That includes inventorying, listing on e-bay or here, answering questions, packing, determining postage, printing postage and taking them down to the post office.

If you aren't willing to invest that kind of time, sell them as a lot. I figure that I get about $3-$5 hour for many of the games I sell, definitely not a good return, but it does clear out space.

It's much easier to buy a game than to sell it.

As mentioned above, with inexpensive games, (in print and retail < $20-25) it's often easier to donate, or give away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
sell them cheap. with free shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.