Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this game some time back ago, when updating Tactic home page and I had received some new information to put up there. The initial post didn't say much and I wasn't able to add the game here, to BGG, at that time, because admin asked for more info, which at that time I didn't have. So about 6 months later the game actually was released and I was excited about the game. By that time I had all the info about the game and it was even released with Estonian rules, which I didn't write for some reason.

So I got the game right off the printing and wanted to play it also as soon as possible. Agnes (user LilyGirl), my girlfriend, so far for some reason haven't developed a need for dexterity games. Well, but I love them and I think that most users here love a nice little finger flicking.
I will not write to about rules here, but the main idea for the game is to build your dragon bigger by destroying other dragons. Does it sound good?

Everyone who has peeked at my little profile have seen that I love to draw dragons for various reason, in which one of the being the mystical and powerful idea and emotion behind them. And by nature I think, every dragon game must be good game.

After the first play I was pleased with the game, but not satisfied. There was something missing form the game. You could think that I have it all - great place to live, money, super-duper girlfriend, and sea like carpet for gods sake, to make the game as real as possible, but still there was this little bug inside me, eating away and leaving some doubts.
So I decided to boost the game a little bit and added this to my give away geeklist, which brought this game to a lot more attention. So this was a little push for me to play it more and with thinking and feeling the game for what it is - plain fun finger flicking, a skillful game. We played some games together with Agnes, took some pictures as well, which are the only pictures for the game at that time.
For the pictures you can see, that this time I was really trying to play the game. I was aiming, making plans on how to destroy the main dragon and Agnes's dragon as well, to score more from each shot. As it turns out, my singer shooting isn't nearly as great as my rifle head shot skill, but still I was able to take down several pieces with only one shot. I won the game too.
For the second game we added some distance to the dragons, to make it little more harder to hit targets. Now was the time when the game got interesting and fun for me. I had to try really hard to get a great shots, while Agnes shooting random took some great shots. It started to have that PitchCar effect where time to time you get those amazing shots.

Sad thing is that the game is only for two player. Imagine the mayhem with 6 players! That would be a great dexterity game.
So those few games we played I learned some things about the game and me:

1. Every dexterity game is fun.
2. Distance from the main dragon makes it more challenging and fun.
3. I love Agnes and to play board games with her.
4. Everyone should own a copy, just for the kicks of it.
5. I suck at dexterity games.

My story here is that if you like dexterity games, you already have wasted your time by reading this and not playing that game. Just go out and get one. If you are not able to get one, let me know and I'll get it for you.
If you don't like dexterity games already, then this game won't convert you in any way. For enjoying the game you already need to be fan, otherwise it is just another dull board game I imagine.
I rated this game over 9, because I'm a sucker for dexterity and beautiful wooden pieces.
I dare to recommend this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(funnier in person)
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have a Question Raiko, Three actually. Or four. Four questions. Maybe five.

Can I make this into a 3,4,+ player game by scavenging pieces from the central (neutral) dragon and by dividing up dragon pieces between players? Maybe the current player gets to have the shooting head? Basically more players would mean smaller dragons and possibly No central dragon. Would this work?

Or would it be better to make it a 3-4 player game by just owning two copies? Or is there some reason why this doesn't really work?

Lastly, there are two editions; First and Baltic, do you know of any major differences between the two?

Thanks, and also, thanks for the trade offer on this game. I'm serriously considering it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
YearoftheCat wrote:
So I have a Question Raiko, Three actually. Or four. Four questions. Maybe five.

Can I make this into a 3,4,+ player game by scavenging pieces from the central (neutral) dragon and by dividing up dragon pieces between players? Maybe the current player gets to have the shooting head? Basically more players would mean smaller dragons and possibly No central dragon. Would this work?

Or would it be better to make it a 3-4 player game by just owning two copies? Or is there some reason why this doesn't really work?

Lastly, there are two editions; First and Baltic, do you know of any major differences between the two?

Thanks, and also, thanks for the trade offer on this game. I'm serriously considering it!

Well, the game comes with 3 fire pieces, but two heads, so, you can play it with three players, if you lose the hard and tails and just collect the body pieces.
With two copies of the game you would now have 6 dragon heads and tails, 6 fire piece and 4 fire breathers, so you could easily play with 5 players and with one huge dragon in the middle, maybe to build it with a shape like S or something.
With two copies there are ways to play it, but you would need a lit of room.

There are now differences between the editions. Back cover and languages. Baltic edition might not have English, not sure right now, but the rules are short so can translate them fat if necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to get this game! How is that possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.