Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: I've got a bad feeling about this... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a couple games from a guy on eBay using Buy It Now. His feedback profile showed 10 positive ratings and no negatives, although it had been about a year since he had any transactions.

I got an invoice from him with aw-confirm@ebay.com as a return address. I sent an e-mail through Yahoo about the combining shipping. It bounced back, saying his e-mail account was inactive. I sent a message through the eBay contact member feature--bounce. I looked up his contact information on eBay--no e-mail given, but there's a phone and address.

I decided to wait a day or two. I got a message from him asking if I got his invoice, with the same e-mail given as the return address. I replied--bounce. I tried phoning--got that fast beeping you get from an off-the-hook or disconnected phone.

I filed a report with eBay about invalid contact information. Got a form response but no personal response yet.

I called again today. Same result. I e-mailed again. Same result. I sent him a penny (from my account funds so it won't cost him anything) through PayPal to the alleged e-mail address. It said no member was registered with that e-mail address, but PayPal would try to contact him.

I'b be inclined to believe he just moved and hasn't updated his information, except the follow-up to his invoice had the inactive e-mail address as the return.

I'm getting a really, really bad feeling about this one. Aaaaaargh.

So if anybody knows a Tom Lynch who lives in or used to live in Farmingdale, NY and goes by the username of xrhinox, please tell him to update his freaking contact information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hang tight. He'll realize something is amiss when he recieves no payments or replies from any of his sales. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't you contact him via the item's "Ask seller a question"?
eBay should send it directly to him (presumably he dropped his spam guards for them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
ditto
Always use Ebays' contact mechanism, rather than trying to send emails directly. That way there will be a record of your messages in case of a dispute, and you won't have to play "he said, she said".

It probably goes without saying that you shouldn't pay anything until he gets his contact info squared away. It sounds like he's goofed up, more than anything else ("Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence").

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.