Popular Tags: [View All]
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried playing a 2,3,or 4 player game where each deck simply adds a Khan Queso to their deck in addition to their regular cards? I know it makes each deck larger than the construction rules, but I am really wondering if it unbalances the game play in any particular direction or not. I have 4 Khans and am looking for interesting ways to play them. I guess I could also bend the rules and use three of them for my champions in one deck (also breaking rules, but might be interesting in the goblin deck to make everything even cheaper for a super rush.) Ideas are welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Lamb
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Why not just trade out a champion from each deck for a Khan? Each player could choose which champion to trade out, and it'd fit all the deck construction rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm KHAN QUESO!
1. Replace your summoner with Khan Queso. Maybe Prince Elien since he only has 4 health.

2. Replace all of your Champions with Khan Queso too.

3. You lose when you don't have a Khan Queso alive anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrkurtb
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Petronius wrote:
I have 4 Khans and am looking for interesting ways to play them.

Good thinking Petronius. There could be a lot of fun in all those Khans. Ideas:

- It seems like rats would thrive when death and destruction reign (even bipedal, weapon-wielding rats). Therefore, consider rewarding players who accomplish various predetermined deadly and destructive challenges by placing a Khan in their Draw Pile. Examples:
..... every time a player destroys an enemy wall they get to add a Khan (wall destruction is normally very fun; this'll make it even more tempting)
..... the first player to inflict a wound on the enemy summoner gets to add a Khan (this might promote some risk-taking)
..... when a player first occupies the opponent's back row, they get a Khan

- start with 1, 2, 3, or 4 Khans in the middle of the board (actually in each corner would probably be even more chaotic), during each player's turn they MAY take control of one of the Khans

- Use the Khans to handicap games between opponents of unequal skill. The loser gets to add a Khan to their starting deck for the next game. Add more Khans if that person continues to lose. Subtract one if they win. When your opponent can't add any more Khans, you are declared winner of the series. [NOTE: I don't think this should have a big impact on the games but it should make them interesting.]

- make the Khans commons

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm KHAN QUESO!

And so's my wife!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrkurtb
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Jexik wrote:
1. Replace your summoner with Khan Queso.

King Khan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just gift the cards to a less fortunate BGG'er who doesn't have a Khan Queso (for example, those who bought retail). Or maybe trade them for a promo card you want from another game.

Otherwise, playing "Capture the Khan Queso" or using him as a balancing mechanic for less skilled players sounds like a fun idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.