Subject: Moses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own this game, but I read a bit about the leaders in this site - they all make sense (more or less) and are related to their historical characters. Except Moses - I can't see how increasing population is related to his historical role. And as a non-religious jew that live in Israel, I know a thing or two about Moses' character and historical role. Can someone clarify this to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about he needs one less food to increase his population because it rains mana where he is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... That would make more sense if he increased food production, and it doesn't represent his main role - leadership of the people of Israel during the exodus. But it does make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CBpegasus wrote:
Hmm... That would make more sense if he increased food production, and it doesn't represent his main role - leadership of the people of Israel during the exodus. But it does make sense.
He effectively does increase food production by making it cost one less food to increase population. I imagine they considered making him produce an extra food instead, but gameplay-wise that would be worse because it would lead to more corruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recall also that he led the people for forty years... from Egypt to Canaan. During that time in the wilderness, in addition to providing manna (and quail and water from the rocks) another whole generation came along,replacing the original group and the people did increase their numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense, thank you.
But they could make him do something with temples or religion. No matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a Bible expert, but didn't he also lead the Jews through fasting and such? It would seem that the implication in the game is that Moses helps his people survive, grow, and even prosper with less (food). Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Parker

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked a semi-expert. Supposedly by leading his people in prayers mana would fall from the sky. They were not to store this mana as it would go bad quickly and instead should pray anew each day with faith that God would take care of them with mana. Sounds like it rained fish and bread or something like that (without preservatives it would seem ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MysteryMan_007_007 wrote:
I asked a semi-expert. Supposedly by leading his people in prayers mana would fall from the sky. They were not to store this mana as it would go bad quickly and instead should pray anew each day with faith that God would take care of them with mana. Sounds like it rained fish and bread or something like that (without preservatives it would seem ).

Well I know the story of the manna (we learn bible at school in Israel...).
And about fish and bread - the jewish were first you know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.