Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The LOS rules mention that you can't fire on targets if a higher level terrain (hill) is intervening. Doesn't mention about woods but I assume that woods would also block LOS if on the same level? If firing from a higher level to a lower level does anything block LOS other than a hill?

The map looks great, I love the terrain patterns and colors you used. But is there any difference for the hill hexes marked with different color? Or are all hill hexes consdidered to be the same elevation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks, Chuck!

Woods: Ignore woods for artillery purposes. We didn't want to get into too much quibbling over partial hexes crossed, etc. It's supposed to be relatively simple to play (though I'm all for optionals)

Hill: It does matter, at the point of elevation change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the idea from the rules and FAQ that the LOS to a target hex which target hex has partial clear terrain is blocked only by intervening hexes that have partial light brown and/ or any dark brown terrain.
And, ...the LOS to a target hex which is all light brown and/or has any dark brown terrain is blocked only by partial dark brown terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

James,

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! The defender gets the benefit of lower terrain bombarded by artillery and the benefit of higher terrain when attacked by infantry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.