Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just pre-registered for the next GMT Weekend, a four-day event to be held October 7-10, 2010 in Hanford, CA.

I'm wondering if the Jensens plan to attend.

Also, is there any chance we might get to playtest some New Guinea scenarios ?

Any other Combat Commander news?

I'll try to recruit my buddies in San Diego as well.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
I'm wondering if the Jensens plan to attend.

Yes. I believe this will be our 11th GMT West.

chicklewis wrote:
Also, is there any chance we might get to playtest some New Guinea scenarios ?

Yes.

chicklewis wrote:
Any other Combat Commander news?

No.

chicklewis wrote:
I'll try to recruit my buddies in San Diego as well.

Yes. Wait ... was that a question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Joke, thanks Chad ! We look forward to meeting the Jensens and all the other BGG denizens who might appear there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
chicklewis wrote:
all the other BGG denizens who might appear there.

Looking forward to it myself. I will be there (most likely arriving early Thursday if not the night before.) looking to increase my count of CC games played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another person whose hand I've been wanting to shake !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard, if you're there Wednesday evening perhaps you'd like to join me, Kai and John Leggat for dinner and ice cream at Superior Dairy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
If I am there in the evening, I will join you!

The debate is whether or not I host games as I always do Wednesday night at my house before I go to Hanford for.....more games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan on showing up Wednesday too. Enjoyed our dinner at the ice cream shoppe last April. But the thought of watching John Legget eat ice cream again scares me. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in going as well actually, is there anywhere I can find out more info on best places to stay, purchasing entrance, etc.? Thanks all and looking forward to it!

Jacovis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Best information is in the header of the GMT West folder on CSW. The relevant info from there:

GMT West wrote:
The next Weekend will be a four-day event held October 7-10, 2010 in Hanford, CA.

To sign up for the event (registration is $25 which we don't charge until the start of the event), contact our office ladies via phone, online chat, or e-mail to reserve your spot.

Phone 559-583-1236

Chat: www.gmtgames.com (click chat icon in upper right corner of page)

E-Mail: gmtoffice@gmtgames.com

Please call and reserve hotel rooms as soon as possible. I have talked with the hotel folks at the Sequoia Inn, and they have the rooms blocked at corporate rates of $75.60 for double or $71.70 for single. Make sure you tell them you want the "Billingsley Group" rate. Hotel phone is 559-582-0339.

It is true what is said above - just contact GMT to reserve a spot. You only pay if you actually show up. (And GMT buys the pizza on Saturday night!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
Best information is in the header of the GMT West folder on CSW. The relevant info from there:

GMT West wrote:
The next Weekend will be a four-day event held October 7-10, 2010 in Hanford, CA.

To sign up for the event (registration is $25 which we don't charge until the start of the event), contact our office ladies via phone, online chat, or e-mail to reserve your spot.

Phone 559-583-1236

Chat: www.gmtgames.com (click chat icon in upper right corner of page)

E-Mail: gmtoffice@gmtgames.com

Please call and reserve hotel rooms as soon as possible. I have talked with the hotel folks at the Sequoia Inn, and they have the rooms blocked at corporate rates of $75.60 for double or $71.70 for single. Make sure you tell them you want the "Billingsley Group" rate. Hotel phone is 559-582-0339.

It is true what is said above - just contact GMT to reserve a spot. You only pay if you actually show up. (And GMT buys the pizza on Saturday night!)

Awesome!! Thanks for the info as always Richard! Looking forward to seeing your map storage solution for CC there!

Cheers!

Jacovis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more question: What's the address for the event? I'm planning hotels, but my buddy lives up there too, so I wanted to see how close he was before booking a hotel room Thanks again all!

Jacovis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It is at GMT Warehouse. When you chat with the ladies (or e-mail), they will provide the exact details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
One more question: What's the address for the event? I'm planning hotels, but my buddy lives up there too, so I wanted to see how close he was before booking a hotel room Thanks again all!

Jacovis

The warehouse is on Hanford-Armona Road, which I believe is technically in Armona. But the two towns are so close together that they actually continue the street numbering (12th Ave in Hanford, 13th Ave in Armona) from one to the next. The location is labelled on Google Maps and even has a street view.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! I'm a quick mover once I start making plans. I haven't been patient enough to wait for the reply email from the GMT ladies >.> Thanks again everyone! Looking forward to it!

Jacob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.