Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Stimson
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one am growing weary of the watermark being placed in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I'm also tired of the little graphics advertising "NEXT." In some cases the graphics have grown so large they are actually obstructing important parts of the movie.
Enough is enough, for goodness sake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stimson
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EXACTLY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be a bit distracting. On the other hand, I'm old enough to remember when TVs had a dial that showed you what channel you were watching. Right now, the watermarking is the only way to tell this at a glance without hitting a button. So at least they provide a small service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
It can be a bit distracting. On the other hand, I'm old enough to remember when TVs had a dial that showed you what channel you were watching. Right now, the watermarking is the only way to tell this at a glance without hitting a button. So at least they provide a small service.

I'd rather hit the button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:

That's not much of a service. Because, y'know, I can remember what channel I picked.

Get rid of all overlays during a program, and especially get rid of them during films.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, it's no different than corporate branding on anything larger than a fingernail clipping. The networks want to sear their identity into the subconscience of its viewers. Plus, it's free advertising for themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's bloody annoying is what it is.

And as a wise man above said I remember what channel I am on, I chose it in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.