Troy Nies
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember playing with a card game my Grandmother had in the toy room. I'm trying to identify it - can you help me?

I believe it is some variation on rummy. There was a deck of cards, possibly some tokens and the key item was the 'vinyl mat' with squares and numbers (the memory is quite fuzzy). It was all kept in a Parker Brothers-sized box (think Payday size). It seemed pretty old then so possibly Pre 70's? I remember the color scheme being predominantly a green or teal color, some black and white, possibly a little red. Some keywords come to mind: King, Queen, Rummy...

I'm not a 'card player' by any stretch of the imagination - so if you know what game in particular I am trying to find, any help would be greatly appreciated!

best regards,

InnsmouthMedic
(Troy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Sequence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Rivard
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look here at Tripoley. Browse the photos - this is sort of a catch-all game entry for a game using using cards, tokens, and sometimes a mat and sometimes a board/plastic tray. It goes by many names. Anyway, browse the photos and see if any version looks like what you remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nies
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not Sequence, but Tripoley looks pretty close. I scanned through the photos and the closest one looked like Royal Rummy. It definitely had the 50's style artwork but the colors are wrong. The mat for Royal Rummy has the circular design - not sure if the one I have in mind had that or not. For some reason the 'kitty' drawing rings a bell. Maybe it was Royal Rummy?

Edit: BTW, thanks for the help gentlemen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nies
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this may be it:

Now to find this version...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also known as Michigan Rummy - I see these occasionally at garage sales..... I have seen cloth mats, plastic mats, a hard plastic board with "cups" to hold the chips/coins and so on. Fun game for a group - especially when played for pennies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are just trying to track down any version of the game, there is another version of Michigan Rummy produced called Rummoli. From what I can tell Rummoli and Tripoley are effectively the same game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.