Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alter Ego
Germany
munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
two questions about the drawing of cards:

1) in phase 2, if a player does not play cards, does he/she have to draw 2 cards or is it optional?

2) if owning the special card Kontor (Office), is it mandatory to use its ability e.g. to draw one more cards?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1, has to
2. why wouldn't you want to?

I guess both questions arise in the end of the game. But if ending the game depends on your move why would you choose not to end the game? The other players won't help your score as much as theirs so finally you decrease you chances if you don't take that final card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Manoff
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are required to draw your two cards if you did not play to score, and yes, you are required to draw that additional card is you have the Kontor. This can force the game to a quick end and will require perhaps a different strategy among players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
PManoff wrote:
You are required to draw your two cards if you did not play to score, and yes, you are required to draw that additional card is you have the Kontor. This can force the game to a quick end and will require perhaps a different strategy among players.

Regarding The Office, in the rules I have it reads:

Quote:
At the end of his Phase 2, the player may draw a new goods card - regardless of which action he chose in Phase 2.

("may" is bold in the rules)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I think you have to draw the 2 cards, but the wording of the german rules of the 2nd edition are not very clear about this.
2. According to the german rules of the 2nd edition you may draw one more card, if you have the office (Kontor).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.