Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lauren Neeff
United States
Rock Springs
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The only video games I liked involved building cities/ empires or building things. I want to play a game that lets me build things. I have Through the Ages and Roll, La Citta, and Funny Friends (like a real life version of The Sims) Please help me find more games where I can build and make things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Innovation and Glory to Rome have some aspects you're looking for. You might also want to look at the new Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game, which has supposedly fixed many of the problems of the 2002 release of the same name.

Edit: Check out 7 Wonders too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider Railways of the World, in which you build and operate a nation- or continent-spanning railroad empire by starting from scratch. While I think Railways is the best of such games, you should also consider the Empire Builder series, the 18xx series, Steam, Age of Steam, and Silverton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Rick said, Railways of the World gives you a the ability to build a something big and impressive with minimal rules constraints. If you're not averse to building a farm, Agricola certainly builds something pretty, with an emphasis on struggling to survive while doing so. At the other end of the spectrum, you might like Galaxy Trucker, basically a race to build a "working" space ship as fast as you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Brown
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a sucker for Civ builder games, so I have a lot of them. I love Through the Ages. I recommend Age of Empires III (even if you haven't played the computer game, like me), Advanced Civilization (though you'd have to print and play it cuz it's wicked expensive), Tempus (abstract, but quick), and any of the games that Rick mentioned (they're all rail/economic games, but they scratch most of the same itches as any other empire building games). My favorite game, that I own, is 18GA. TtA is a close second.

R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.