Blane Mather
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I have a brief question. I have Talisman: Second Edition and never bought any expansions for it. It's been sitting in the closet and I recently discovered new interest in it for myself and my friends.

I'm thinking about buying an expansion. The questions is: Can I use the Fourth Edition add-on "Talisman: The Dungeon Expansion" with my Second Edition base set? Would it be easy, doable with some rules modification ... or not at all compatible?

Thank you to anyone who can provide me with some guidance.

Blane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Main change would be Fate, namely the characters from R4th have a Fate count, previous ones don't. There are a few Dungeon cards (well, can remember one right off the bat, but probably a few more) that deal with Fate, so those would have to be houseruled somehow. But the basic elements of moving, Str and Craft are all there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blane Mather
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great answer and a very helpful reply. We can handle house-ruling a few cards. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Trescot
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a smiliar question that's more about aesthetics. The original Dungeon expansion pretty much stood on it's own, but the current Dungeon expansion looks like to fits snuggly into the corner of the 4th ed. board.

Can anyone advise if this fits just as well on the corner of the older boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.