Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on their site it says "an affiliate of BoardGameGeek" and has the BGG logo.

Is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
Their rental closet of strategy games has 9 titles, including Claustrophobia, Go, and For Sale.

On the other hand, they do have Antiquity and Advanced Civ available for their gold-level members. I suspect if their business model takes off there will be a long wait for those ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I vaguely remember Derk saying that was the case. It would have been around GenCon or Origins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How odd. I wonder what the nature of the "affiliation" is.

I guess BGG is keeping mum until they see whether the endeavor takes off?

There certainly haven't been any advertisements or announcements of the partnership / affiliation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like I said, it was a vague recollection. I dug up the post I was thinking about, and Derk doesn't say that there is a link.

http://rss.boardgamegeek.com/article/5003658#5003658
derk wrote:
I've been discussing this very thing with a group who's planning a launch in the coming weeks...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.