Subject: Major Rivers and Blitzing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I have a question about (coincidentally) major rivers and their effect on blitzing. According to the Terrain Effects Chart, majors rivers are NB but not HE. Thus my question: do rivers disallow blitzing when you are attacking across the river to get at the enemy (for example, Germans attacking from Stalingrad across the Volga), or when you attack an enemy with their backs to a river and the first exploitation hex would be across the river (for example, the Russians attack a German unit on the east bank of the Volga and want to blitz across)?

Does that make sense? It seems to me it ought to be the former, but I thought I would check and make sure.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I understand the rules to say is: in order to place a blitz marker, a blitz-capable unit must advance into the defender's hex. This advance cannot be across a major river hexside. If the advancing unit enters the hex across a clear hexside (attacking from the other side of the river) a blitz marker can be placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marjoram
United States
Harbor City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oakfed wrote:
What I understand the rules to say is: in order to place a blitz marker, a blitz-capable unit must advance into the defender's hex. This advance cannot be across a major river hexside. If the advancing unit enters the hex across a clear hexside (attacking from the other side of the river) a blitz marker can be placed.

That's exactly correct. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.