Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Where does this leave D&D with Heroscape? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking I have mixed feeling about this game, but then realized...I have already bought into Heroscape with the D&D figures.

Will WotC stop with the Heroscape line?

Is it redundant to have both Ravensloft and Heroscape?

Can't one do the same with Heroscape that Ravensloft is going to do?

I am just thinking, and could be way off on this, but if I can save my money for Heroscape figures...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, no comparison.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The scuttlebutt is that WotC isn't handling the Hasbro products well. Marvelscape is gone, and the "old" HeroScape is gone, as well. Prepaints aren't selling well for WotC. The D&D Miniatures game is OOP, and the prepainted miniatures themselves are losing money, as cheap labor isn't so cheap anymore.

*Anyway* why not buy Ravenloft? HS is a one-on-one miniatures skirmish game, not a coop dungeoncrawl. You'd need to do *a lot* of converting of HS to get anything like Ravenloft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to agree with the others. This is like saying "I own Monopoly, why should I buy The Game of Life?". They both have a board and deal with money, but are very different games.

I play Heroscape with my 5 year old son, he enjoys it, but I am still getting Castle Ravenloft.. assuming it actually.. you know... releases.. this.. year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Says August 31 on Wizards of the Coast's content release calendar. I think some stores already have them and are patiently waiting.

Grumsh wrote:

I play Heroscape with my 5 year old son, he enjoys it, but I am still getting Castle Ravenloft.. assuming it actually.. you know... releases.. this.. year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
Says August 31 on Wizards of the Coast's content release calendar. I think some stores already have them and are patiently waiting.

Grumsh wrote:

This is what has me turning into a grump,

Borders.com wrote:

Castle Ravenloft: A D&d Boardgame
Hardcover
Wizards of the Coast
September 21, 2010

Which is almost as bad as
borders.com wrote:

Dungeonquest
Fantasy Flight Games Staff (See All Contributors)
Hardcover
Diamond Comic Distributors
October 12, 2010

Which is making me super grumpy since I understand it's actually out already everywhere else... /grumpy face

edit:typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
The scuttlebutt is that WotC isn't handling the Hasbro products well. Marvelscape is gone, and the "old" HeroScape is gone, as well.

Marvel was gone before WotC took over, and it's been stated repeatedly, in the HeroScapers forums by people involved in the most recent designs, that "old" HeroScape is not gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that caught my attention is that the bases for the latest wave of D&D Heroscape figures are 1 inch disks. Not the 1.5? inch ones from previous waves. So you could definitely use your newer D&D Heroscape figures on the Castle Ravenloft tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elstree
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
The scuttlebutt is that WotC isn't handling the Hasbro products well. Marvelscape is gone, and the "old" HeroScape is gone, as well.

Marvel was gone before WotC took over, and it's been stated repeatedly, in the HeroScapers forums by people involved in the most recent designs, that "old" HeroScape is not gone.
The current designers have stated that "the door has not been shut" on classic HeroScape. However, no new classic 'scape releases have been announced either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.