Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone.

I was reviewing the the Research & Development section and was wondering:

The Improved Mechanized Infantry Tech allows said unit to be supported by a tank much in the same as an artillery. (increasing its attack roll to a 2 or less instead of just 1). I was wondering if one could have a mech infantry supported by BOTH an artillery AND a tank to increase its attack roll to a 3 or less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. It's one or the other, not both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woody Wever
msg tools
Krieghund wrote:
No. It's one or the other, not both.

Krieghund, another question about tanks' supporting abilities popped up in my head this morning. Could you please clarify for me?

A german tank, a mech inf, and a tac bmbr are facing an empty, russian territory, which borders another russian territory, that does contain enemy units.

The tank may blitz towards the second territory and engage combat.
The mech inf, supported by the tank, may blitz along with it.
The tac bmbr can make it there by itself, but can it also still be supported by the tank and engage at 4?

Or was the mech inf blitzing along enough to cancel this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each unit may be paired with only one other unit in the same turn phase, but it may be paired with a different unit in another turn phase. In your example, the tank may be paired with the mechanized infantry in the Combat Move phase, then be paired with the tactical bomber in the Conduct Combat phase. See the Combined Arms sidebar on page 16 of the Rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woody Wever
msg tools
Krieghund wrote:
Each unit may be paired with only one other unit in the same turn phase, but it may be paired with a different unit in another turn phase. In your example, the tank may be paired with the mechanized infantry in the Combat Move phase, then be paired with the tactical bomber in the Conduct Combat phase. See the Combined Arms sidebar on page 16 of the Rulebook.

Sweeeeet! Thanks.
(It would be so much better if that darn rulebook was somewhere to be found online, it contains quite some handy info )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.