Popular Tags: [View All]
Uisge Beatha
Scotland
flag msg tools
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout
badge
mb

I've been listening to Spotify for about a year now, waiting for the downside to strike me, but it hasn't - yet. It's an online music player with acess to a massive range of music - mainly mainstream rather than obscure (though it has a surprising amount of obscurities too - Alec Campbell & Matt McGinn anyone?).

The surprising thing is that - while you can pay to upgrade - the basic service is free! The only hitch being that you have to put up with adverts every so often - not something I'm fond of but I've found I can live with it if it means I can listen to pretty much what I want to - you can make up playlists etc - without having to buy it. The particular attraction for me is the 'try before you buy' option it gives you for new stuff you're not sure whether you want to buy or not.

Anyways ... the point is that they have an 'invite friends' offer at the moment - if you're interested in trying this out them pm me with your email addy - though I'm afraid that this offer is only open to "Sweden, Norway, Finland, the UK, France, Spain or The Netherlands" - apologies if you're not included.

The other fantastic free online music I'd like to plug is Wolfgang's Vault - which is an incredible time machine back to some fantastic live performances from the 60s & 70s - though there's later stuff too - and headline artists include all those you might expect including: Aerosmith - The Allman Brothers Band - The Band - The Beach Boys - The Beatles - Black Sabbath - Bob Dylan - Bob Marley - Bruce Springsteen - The Doors - Elton John - Eric Clapton - Fleetwood Mac - Frank Zappa - Genesis - Grateful Dead - Jefferson Airplane - Jethro Tull - Jimi Hendrix - Led Zeppelin - Little Feat - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Metallica - Miles Davis - Neil Young - Pink Floyd - The Police - Queen - Quicksilver Messenger - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Rod Stewart - The Rolling Stones - Santana - Steve Miller Band - U2 - Van Morrison - The Who.

This one you just need to register - no need for an 'invite'.

Isn't the internets wonderful Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Allen
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be really hard to beat Grooveshark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
I just download the MP3's straight from Youtube arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uisge Beatha
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
tada wrote:

Never heard of it before but it looks good - what's the catch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Allen
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celtic wrote:
tada wrote:

Never heard of it before but it looks good - what's the catch?

No catch at all, as far as I can tell.

My 13 year old daughter found it a year ago and I got my whole office hooked on it now. Free music, lots of artists, good sound, no ads via Firefox whistle, arrange your selected songs in the cue, clean interface, bug free, safe and super fantastic.

No catch, all shark. And groovy, baby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.