Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi there!

Just played my first 2 solo (still learning), and I have won Metz on my second attempt. Of course, I must have played something wrong!

Here are my questions:

1 - Non-player replacement units: Are they placed during the non-player's turn (which I did), or are they placed *instantly*, the second one of my boys is adjacent to a magic tile (town, fort, city, etc)?

2 - Activation: Let's say I have a Pershing Tank, which may move and fire. Can I move the Pershing in position, attack with another unit (thus taking advantage of the Pershing's support fire) and then attack with the Pershing on another unit? Or, to rephrase this, can "move and fire" be interrupted by another unit's action (meaning "move", pause, "and fire")?

3 - If I play "Prep Fire" on a dug-in unit that has auto-dig-in, will the unit recover its dug-in state in a later turn, or is the Prep Fire a permanent thing in solo games?

4 - When playing with the Commander, can I use his Transfer Activation to allow my Paratroopers to make a second attack, and then, use an Opportunity Fire to allow my Paras to attack a third time?

5 - Can I deploy units on a tile I have just "conquered"? And can these units use their support fire?

Thanks in advance for shedding a little light on my questions,

E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek McKay
Azerbaijan
APO
msg tools
badge
Is it my turn? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure about the first question, because I have only played this game solo on Xbox. Here is what I know about the 2 player board game though. Hope it helps:

1 - Not sure

2 - No it is not interrupted. You can move all of your units, then come back to resolve firing if you choose. That is why the move/fire are the same token.

3 - The auto dug-in unit returns to dug-in after the player turn ends, so it is permanent for the that turn, not the whole game.

4 - Yes, they would be able to attack 3 times! That combo is big game changer, and to see the look on your opponents face; cry

5 - Yes, they can support in the battle, but they cannot be activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I play it INSTANTLY, for several reasons.

Firstly, there is nothing that implies it shouldn't be instantly, it just says place it.

Secondly, the face down rules imply it. Units are immediately revealed upon contact.

Thirdly, if it was a recon unit that moved adjacent on it's first move, it could move into the space on it's second move preventing the defender being played if it was not instantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.