Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a request/idea...

While I understand the rules are available for downloading, I would like to see extra sets of POH rules made available through Academy Games (or some other vendor) once the game is published. I would like to buy extra copies, as it is easier for me to give them to someone to review/read/study than to give them my set or a printed set from the file. My set usually is all marked up (and it would be nice to have a clean set or rules too).

Asking too much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also buy a second copy. It is so very common that both players want to look up some rule at the same time and read it for themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had asked my towns local print shop what they would charge to make me a rule book from the PDF I brought in and they said about $20. Anyone know of a good source that would be a lot cheaper?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebatron wrote:
I had asked my towns local print shop what they would charge to make me a rule book from the PDF I brought in and they said about $20. Anyone know of a good source that would be a lot cheaper?

It should only cost a couple of bucks worth of paper and ink (at most) to print it yourself on an inkjet. It's not going to be as fancy as a print shop spiral bound job, but it's plenty good enough for utilitarian purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for the same quality (similiar to thier other rules--like a good magazine) that Academy already has...hence why I did not do the inkjet route...but thanks. I was thinking $5, as I would buy a couple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was thinking about getting local FedEx to print out a nice copy of the new reference rules for my SoS, but just unbound, color, plain paper, was over $14. I was really surprised, figured it would only be a few dollars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
... only cost a couple of bucks worth of paper and ink ...

And with a laser printer still less ... and considering that the original "must" be conserved and probably modified by the errata incoming ... is better an "everyday" copy!!

F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many(most) of us do not own a color laser. A couple of local sources I can turn to want so much per page I may as well go the FedEx route.

The best cost effective solution for all of us would be Academy games ordering extra copies of their rules for individual purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
Do what I do, print it at work for free!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our printer at work doesn't print in that nice of a quality.

I took it to Office Depot and it cost $15 and that was done on a nice quality glossy paper (yeah, I know, can you say sucker).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Soutter
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
Look, you've got nothing to say and you're saying it too loudly. So...
mbmbmbmbmb
ldohrebl wrote:

Asking too much?

Maybe. We're talking about asking a very small operation to sink a quantity of time and money into printing and stocking sets of rulebooks that may or may not sell out before the rules themselves are updated and the printed copies are obseleted.

Many might prefer to have Academy Games investing their efforts into new product development rather than inventorying something that most people can download and print or have printed for them.

I'm not disrespecting the need, I'm just suggesting that it might not fit Academy Games current business model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured someone would have the answer. I noticed that Academy Games is currently selling rules and summary sheets for AtB, so I was hoping they would just order a few (hundred) extra copies of rules for PoH based upon some type of response here. I didn't know it did not fit their current business model. What was I thinking...dumb customer I guess.

Like I said, I did print them out and let everyone know the price for having a business do it...

Thanks for the answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Soutter
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
Look, you've got nothing to say and you're saying it too loudly. So...
mbmbmbmbmb
ldohrebl wrote:
I figured someone would have the answer. I noticed that Academy Games is currently selling rules and summary sheets for AtB, so I was hoping they would just order a few (hundred) extra copies of rules for PoH based upon some type of response here. I didn't know it did not fit their current business model. What was I thinking...dumb customer I guess.

Like I said, I did print them out and let everyone know the price for having a business do it...

Thanks for the answers.

Hi Larry

I don't think it was a dumb question at all! My response is just speculation on my part. They may print a quantity of extras, exactly as you suggest - I really don't know. They seem to do that with cards.

Cheers mate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They do it with cards? Good. Because when mine get worn out I'd like to be able to replace them. I dislike plastic sleeves so mine will wear faster than most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still hoping that I could buy a second rule book for my opponent rather than having to print one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have requested extra rule books to be printed. When the main shipment arrives, I will see what the printer sent and I will post these extras on the website. This should be in mid to the end of October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Uwe. I appreciate it. And I will be buying two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.