Johan K
Indonesia
Tangerang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested in Antiquity, Boards and Bit has some damaged copies, from $305 and up. Shipping included.

Boards and Bits - Antiquity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Schumm
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummmm why would I not get them from the marketplace for $199-$250. Me thinks Boards & Bits is pushing their luck. I call shenanigans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could just quietly download the entire rules and game-art online from some shady site. If they're not going to reprint the game and if prices are that stupidly high for it, I see people going down that route rather quickly. Not saying it's right or wrong - I have zero interest in this game, for example, but a lot of people end up resorting to that kind of solution when prices are stupidly too high like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wonderwitch wrote:
Ummmm why would I not get them from the marketplace for $199-$250. Me thinks Boards & Bits is pushing their luck. I call shenanigans.

One of those sellers has a 0 sales rating (although he does have a good trade rating). The other says the box has two ripped corners and some crushing damage.

I'm not saying that the B&B price is a "Hot Deal", but it's hardly "Shenanigans". They've been selling for around $300.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a copy off of eBay for $275, plus shipping, which made it right around $300. Even though it was sold as "New and unpunched", it had some box damage, and it wasn't carefully packaged, so when I opened it, chits were everywhere. I've ordered Roads & Boats, another large Splotter game, from B&B's WA warehouse, and it was carefully packed and arrived in perfect condition (with free shipping as well, which wasn't cheap for them). If I had it to do over, knowing what I know now, I'd rather put it in B&B's hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's time to cash in on this giant game then. I don't think it sees enough play to not....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flix
Germany
Heidelberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
I bought a copy off of eBay for $275, plus shipping, which made it right around $300. Even though it was sold as "New and unpunched", it had some box damage, and it wasn't carefully packaged, so when I opened it, chits were everywhere.

Hmm, not necessarily a bad sign - the same happened to me with my brand new copy from a retailer.
Maybe the trillions of tokens tend to loosen when the game has to travel a long distance to the customer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Or you could just quietly download the entire rules and game-art online from some shady site. If they're not going to reprint the game and if prices are that stupidly high for it, I see people going down that route rather quickly. Not saying it's right or wrong - I have zero interest in this game, for example, but a lot of people end up resorting to that kind of solution when prices are stupidly too high like that.

while i agree with this sentiment..Antiquity would a job and a half with all the pieces. Might be worth $300 in printing and labor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flix wrote:
indigopotter wrote:
I bought a copy off of eBay for $275, plus shipping, which made it right around $300. Even though it was sold as "New and unpunched", it had some box damage, and it wasn't carefully packaged, so when I opened it, chits were everywhere.

Hmm, not necessarily a bad sign - the same happened to me with my brand new copy from a retailer.
Maybe the trillions of tokens tend to loosen when the game has to travel a long distance to the customer?

Anyone planning to ship one unpunched, take note - some Saran Wrap around the boards might be wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.