StarCraft: The Board Game – Brood War Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: charon boosters question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eldon Lima Da Silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
the question come today, with charon boosters that means if the human player have 2 goliath in the area the enemy atacking this area have to destroy 2 flying units?(and 3 for 3?) whithout finding any answer we assumed that yes. the card states when a enemy attack you in a area contaning a goliath he must destroy one of his participating flying unit

ps: that is the text i remember as i read 1 hour ago but i much sure is what is written there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"At the start of a battle:
If you are the defender and have a Goliath in the battle, your opponent must destroy one of his participating flying units."

It doesn't say "one Goliath" or "for each Goliath", just "a Goliath". So I'd say no mater how many Goliaths you have the attacker still only has to destroy one of his flying units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
The text is:

rules wrote:
At the start of a battle:
If you are the defender and have a Goliath in the battle, your opponent must destroy 1 of his participating flying units.

This can indeed be read both ways - to me, the one saying "each Goliath kills a flying unit" makes a bit more sense, but maybe we should make it a rules question to the FFG guys. Or does anybody have more conclusive evidence either way?

Edit: It only says "a Goliath" and not "at least one Goliath", so I disagree with Smuggler. The case isn't clear at all. "One Goliath" wouldn't make it any clearer either way, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
while "a Goliath" is ambiguous I'm with Smuggler in my interpretation. If they meant to say "for each Goliath" I think they would have been clear on that, considering how other "Play Area" cards have been written (like Leg Enchacements).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldon Lima Da Silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
demoraram um poco + responderam!
Re: Fantasy Flight Games [Rules Questions] -

If you have at least 1 goliath, one of your opponent's flying units are destroyed. If you have 2+ goliaths, your opponent still only destroys one of his units.
I hope this answers your question!

-Corey Konieczka
Lead Game Designer
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.