Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
How would I get anything completely obliterated from the site here, to include responses from yet another?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't do the "Goodbye, cruel world." thing here on BGG.

That would be a loss to the hobby.

Whatever is bugging you will soon pass. We enjoy your antics on BGG. Please stick around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
pete belli wrote:

Whatever is bugging you will soon pass. We enjoy your antics on BGG. Please stick around.

Account deletion is a permanent decision for a temporary problem...

Please don't do it GROGs.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
pete belli wrote:

DKahnt wrote:
pete belli wrote:

Account deletion is a permanent decision for a temporary problem...

Please don't do it GROGs.

-DK

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
I very much enjoy reading your posts, comments, and replies and would consider it a loss to the BGG community if you removed your content and/or decided not to contribute anymore. You have the most unique and enjoyable syntax!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGs, if you want to entirely remove one thread you can't, as far as I know: you can only remove your entries in it. That's very straightforward: delete each of your messages. Of course, that won't remove quotes of your messages. For a whole thread, Admin is the only answer to doing it entirely, but they don't like to do that. The other way is to convince the other users to delete their posts, too. And you may want the OP to change the thread title before deleting.

Of course, the quick way is heresy, bestiality, and anarchy--moving the thread to RSP is nearly as good as deletion. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
How would I get anything completely obliterated from the site here, to include responses from yet another?

I don't care if you delete your account or not, but replies to your threads are not yours to remove. Other people wrote those, and they get the choice to delete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trastion
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either his account has been hacked or this is just a lame attempt to be an attention whore. I hope it is neither but I do not know what else it could be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trastion wrote:
Either his account has been hacked or this is just a lame attempt to be an attention whore.

I know where the smart money is on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Trastion wrote:
Either his account has been hacked or this is just a lame attempt to be an attention whore. I hope it is neither but I do not know what else it could be.

OR, maybe, since you did used to be able to delete entire threads, it might just be asking how to do that now. sheesh.

Grogs-

You cannot anymore, they changed that, it solved some problems and created others as does so many things in life. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
So the guy asks how to delete a thread and the immediate responses are along the lines of "OMGWTFBBQ PLZ DON'T LEAVE!!! OHH NOES!!!!"
(Well ok, maybe not that extreme, but there was a serious leap of assumptions there in the first few responses.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The sum of the BGG contributions is a mosaic of the gaming world. Deleting your contributions will leave holes that vandalize this work in progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
So the guy asks how to delete a thread and the immediate responses are along the lines of "OMGWTFBBQ PLZ DON'T LEAVE!!! OHH NOES!!!!"
(Well ok, maybe not that extreme, but there was a serious leap of assumptions there in the first few responses.)

And a thread asking how to disband and delete a guild. And a thread asking how to delete patron badges. Do you really believe that he isn't fishing for attention and "please don't leave" posts?

Note to anyone thinking of leaving BGG: Hit the delete button already. Spare us the drama.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
And a thread asking how to disband and delete a guild. And a thread asking how to delete patron badges. Do you really believe that he isn't fishing for attention and "please don't leave" posts?

Note to anyone thinking of leaving BGG: Hit the delete button already. Spare us the drama.

Ahh ok. I didn't know about the other threads. Looks like I was the one with the false assumptions after all.

Anyway, if he is leaving and doing the whole scorched-earth tantrum on the way out, I'd say the place is better off without him. I can understand not wanting to be a part of a community anymore for one reason or another, but leaving a wake of destruction behind you on the way out is just selfish and childish. Starting up the "give me attention and convince me not to go" threads is even worse.

So yeah, hopefully that's not what's going on here.
If so, good riddance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:

What happened to the goofy formatting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Without jumping to conclusions about why this is wanted, it is something I think a lot of people, especially long-time, avid users of the site would like to have.

For BGG to be a living information source, it really depends on revisiting and keeping old information up to date. It's more like wiki than an archive - only the current, best iteration is what matters. If you have threads or other content from 4, 5, or 6 years ago that aren't relevant, I see nothing wrong with removing them completely, including the replies... all databases with a way to enter information should maintain ways to edit and remove that information, in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fan of GROGnads. I don't care what the meta-BGG political situation happens to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Gladius76 wrote:
Maybe Grogs can go away for a while and learn proper English.

He can come back with another account once he has learned how to properly spell.
maybe YOU could JUST "go away"? RETURN: NO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Gladius76 wrote:
I suggest you get an exorcism while you are learning english.
Why? it hadn't performed so well for YOU then, now did such?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gladius76 wrote:

He can come back with another account once he has learned how to properly spell.

Did you eat some bad pizza or something? 'Cause you sure seem irritable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Gladius76 wrote:

I'd be happier with you learning some manners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Trastion wrote:

cbs42 wrote:
jdludlow wrote:

You-all were partially "correct" although "not exactly", since I wanted to also witness the complete LACK of response from the appropriate 'Admins' of whom are supposed to be providing an answer to these legitimate 'threads'. Where is ANY? Is it that they don't CARE? Were these "too busy" with other mundane details to beggar a reply? so, in "keeping with the program" then I too shall ADOPT their piss-poor attitude, and perhaps we ALL ought to as well, and CONFORM for such then too, huh? This is yet another CONCERN of mine, that apparently none others share? Here we GO then starting... NOW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
You-all were partially "correct" although "not exactly", since I wanted to also witness the complete LACK of response from the appropriate 'Admins' of whom are supposed to be providing an answer to these legitimate 'threads'. Where is ANY? Is it that they don't CARE? Were these "too busy" with other mundane details to beggar a reply? so, in "keeping with the program" then I too shall ADOPT their piss-poor attitude, and perhaps we ALL ought to as well, and CONFORM for such then too, huh? This is yet another CONCERN of mine, that apparently none others share? Here we GO then starting... NOW!

So let me get this straight...

You posted a few threads hinting that you were leaving on a Saturday morning, and now you're pissed because the admins didn't immediately notice your threads and issue a site emergency to talk you down from the ledge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
cbs42 wrote:
So let me get this straight...

You posted a few threads hinting that you were leaving on a Saturday morning, and now you're pissed because the admins didn't immediately notice your threads and issue a site emergency to talk you down from the ledge?
While I STILL have plenty on being "pissed" about, and had anyone ELSE prior inquired upon these SAME 'topics'? Because I would have missed such then, and unlike some other trivial or frivolous matters, then just how BEST on bringing these up, other than in this manner as I have provided, once again if it WERE broached?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a translator available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.