Subject: Villers-Bocage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking forward to play this scenario with the Tigers, but man, was that a bore!
5-0 (my loss) and 5-1 (my win) in the Germans favour and the Allied didn't stand a chance!
Both games was over in less than 6 turns or 20 minutes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at my logs for my two plays, 5-2 win as Axis, 3-4 win (since Allies need 3, Axis 5) as Allies. But agree on the speed of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, have to be fair too and say I might be a bit dissapointed because I was looking forward to play Market garden but I couldn't find the damn board. It was NOT in my Memoir '44 bag!!!! soblue

But I still think the Villers-Bocage was over too quick!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:

I still think the Villers-Bocage was over too quick!

I am sure Wittmann said the same thing... But boy was it fun shooting up the Shermans and Crusaders.

The Germans have a very high rate of success on this one. I have won it as the Britts maybe 25%-30% of the time. Hitting the Tigers is not the problem, rolling the damn grenade to kill them is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 7 year old daughter likes the look of the game. It is basically me solo playing with her moving her side. Will give her the Germans on this scenario. Make her day beating dad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
Hitting the Tigers is not the problem, rolling the damn grenade to kill them is.

I only managed to hit a Tiger once and then rolled a useless flag!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
StevenE wrote:
Hitting the Tigers is not the problem, rolling the damn grenade to kill them is.

I only managed to hit a Tiger once and then rolled a useless flag!

Well when one knows the situation is hopeless it is often best to go on the offensive and try to get more dice on the targets.

The BCF only need a few flags to win the scenario so hopefully their hand is loaded with Left and Center section cards as well as Direct from HQ.

Also, don't forget all terrain is impassible (except the roads). Once the Tigers come out of the woods they cannot go back in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Z
Italy
Este
Padova
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To make the victory for the Germans less easy, I have amended the rule on the impossibility to enter the forest/city hexes. This rule is good for armor but not for the infantry (this seems to me more realistic). In this way the infantry become less vulnerable.
Hello
:-) Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.