Subject: How is Days of Wonder Customer Service? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Days of Wonder's customer service via email a week ago last Friday in regards to some damaged parts. Other than an automatic reply that they got my email I have not heard from them. When I have had similar issues with games from other publishers I would have already had the part by now. Days of Wonder may be the largest publisher that I have ever contacted about such maters. Maybe the smaller publishers are more concerned about their customers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brooks
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always gotten excellent service from them. Maybe you should write again, a week seems a long time with no reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, it's good to hear that. I wrote them again Friday afternoon. Hopefully, they will get back to me early next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own a lot of Days of Wonder games so I don't have a ton of experience with them. However the one time I had to contact them for a minor problem their response was first rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ross
United States
Winfield
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've interacted with them several times and always gotten a quick response. I'd try again.

Pat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

Service from DoW is normally excellent however, I remember a case a good while back where a Customer resorted to posting on their in-house forum. Needless to say he got a rather speedy response. This would be my last choice of approach after all others have been exhausted.

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:
I contacted Days of Wonder's customer service via email a week ago last Friday in regards to some damaged parts. Other than an automatic reply that they got my email I have not heard from them. When I have had similar issues with games from other publishers I would have already had the part by now. Days of Wonder may be the largest publisher that I have ever contacted about such maters. Maybe the smaller publishers are more concerned about their customers?

Its also possible they just sent out the replacement stuff without any response to you. Sometimes that happens (presuming you gave them all the nessasary info like your address).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had only 2 instances to contact customer service. First time they surprised me with their generous and swift reply. Second time I had to follow up with a few emails.

I believe they may have busier periods or perhaps be a bit shorter-staffed at times, but I have no evidence on which to base the idea. Just an impression I formed. Second time the communications took a little more time, that's all.

Both times they came through and kept their word!

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Germany
Pforzheim
Baden- Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I got my memoir 44 - mediterranean Theater Expansion last wednesday. Then I noticed, that the 3 Greay Parts/ figures are missing. After contacting them I got an E-mail that the parts are on the way (got the E-mail on Thursday).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Neal
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only dealt with them once back when Battlelore was theirs still and fairly new, I got good response, and great timing and packaging on my replacements, it was an overall very positive experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
mbmb
The one time I've had issues (Battle lore dice issues) they were responsive and polite!

Other than that I haven't had to contact them despite owning many of their games.

T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Lysynski
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I'd have to say not that great, there must be some luck involved..

I just called them about a $20 order, their shipping information page clearly showed $16 shipping (my selection) and $0 for brokerage, I'm being asked to pay $22 brokerage to get my $20 order!!! yuk

UPS is blaming Days of Wonder and Days of Wonder is blaming UPS; worse than the blame game neither cares that I'm upset at having to pay an additional $22 for my $20 order! cry

No brainer but I won't be ordering from Days of Wonder and avoiding UPS like the plague.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.