Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary... or someone else... can you please give a step-by-step example of the attack sequence and what happens with that? I'm having a little trouble understanding the whole thing as far as DP, Defense, Damage, etc. The whole page on "Attacks" is very confusing to me as it is. It may be simple to grasp, but something is not getting into my brain right now from what I'm reading...

Thanks much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Simpson

California
msg tools
designer
publisher
1. Target a Zombie in range of your weapon. The range is found in the lower right corner of the Weapon you choose to use.

2. Roll 1d6 (called an Attack die) for each number in the Attack box. If the Attack box has no number, just roll 1 die. This is your Damage Points.

3. Add any bonus Damage Points (DP) your weapon gives.

4. Subtract the Defense (DEF) of the Zombie from your Damage Points.

5. Take the remaining Damage Points and spend as much as you can.

Hit counters are 3 DP each.
Weapon Criticals are 5-12 DP each.

What to do with Hit Counters and Weapon Crits:
When you buy Hit counters, move the Hit counter on the Zombie track up. When it reaches 4 Hits, the Zombie is destroyed.

Crazed and Hazards can be targeted as well, but only need 1 Hit counter of damage to be destroyed.

When Zombies and Crazed are destroyed, they leave behind Survival or Grave token. When a Hazard is destroyed, it goes boom and effects tokens around it.

EXAMPLE #1:
Andy wants to attack a Zombie in the next space over.

1. He uses the Baseball Bat Weapon (Range 1)
2. He chooses an Attack 2 from his Action Cards, rolling 2d6 (as Attack die).He rolls a 3 and a 4 for a total of 7 Damage Points.
3. He adds the +2 Damage Point bonus the Baseball Bat gives to increase his DP to 9.
4.The Zombie has a Defense of 2, so the 9 goes back down to 7.
5. Having 7 DP to spend, Andy buys 2 Hit counters (3 DP each) and moves the Hit Counter on the Zombie up 2. The extra point of damage is lost as it cannot buy anything.

EXAMPLE #2

Andy wants to attack a Crazed in the 3 spaces away.

1. He uses the Pistol Weapon (Range 3)
2. He chooses an Attack 3 from his Action Cards, rolling 3d6 (as Attack die).He rolls a 5, a 4, and a 6 for a total of 15 Damage Points.
3. The Pistol gives no Bonus Damage.
4.The Zombie has a Defense of 2, so the 15 goes back down to 13.
5. Having 13 DP to spend, Andy buys the Pistol's Weapon crit for 10 DP (Headshot: remove the Zombie from the board). He has 3 DP left but there are no other targets in range to buy hit counters on so they are lost.

I'll add up a pictured example later tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Gary. That's pretty much how I thought it went, but I was getting confused about the "buying" of your weapon and the allocating of DPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Simpson

California
msg tools
designer
publisher
It's an easy hangup -- the next Rulebook released will have visual examples detailing more of the nuances. I'm reading some of these play sessions sent into me and the level of tactics that players are working out so far is pretty encouraging.

One 2-person group has one person running around kiting Zombies and tokens while the other person sets up a daisy-chain of hazard explosions.

Another group is finding out how to best exploit the safe houses.

Another group that does solo play has been seeing how effective it is to have your guy sneaking around instead of blasting everything.

It will be great seeing what everyone can do on the new maps. And with the new Survival Kits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.