Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been alot of questions about how to post games played when expansions are involved. I hadn't considered this problem before, but it is also an issue when a game takes more than a day to play (as brought up by Skip Franklin (Darksan)).

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekjournal.php3?action=viewcom...

Fortunately, that question made me try entering a fraction in the qty field of the "I played this game on" area.

Terri and I played Doom and had to continue the game the next day. I only tracked it once on the ending day because I am more interested in tracking the number of complete games, rather than tracking what days I played on.

I decided to find out what would happen if I entered a fractional number. Afterall, fractions are supported in the rating number. Entering ".5" for each day would accurately represent playing one game over two days.

Well, it doesn't truely support fractional numbers, but the number you enter appears to be truncated, so entering .5 seems to count as zero games played. The system doesn't normally allow zeros, but I think they would be useful for tracking incomplete, continued, and expansion plays!

I changed my Doom entry to add a ".01" entry for the first day we played and didn't finish and kept my existing entry for the day we finished. Now it shows a reasonable accurate representation of what happened, and this could be used to accurately track expansion plays, too! cool

P.S. Aldie, any chance of some official support of "0" plays? Is the system storing the factional number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.