Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Thomas
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the variant our game group plays, its about 30-50% faster than regular Zombies!!! without changing the gameplay too much.

Note: Ideas have been shamelessly stolen from the Rich Stokes and Robert Martin quicker play variants.

Setup: Players set up with 3 health and 4 bullets. Max possible health is 5. Unlimited Max bullets if you can collect them.

Movement: Players move their health + a die roll rather than just a die roll.

Town Square Recovery Players who start their turn on the center of the town square tile may recover 1 health up to a max of 3. They then may continue the turn normally (ie move and fight).

Helipad Placement When the helipad is drawn players openly bid zombies from their zombie kill pile to be able to place it, the winner loses the zombies they have bid.

Zombie Kills to Win 25 - players is a good rule of thumb, so a 4 player game needs 25-4="21 zombies", we usually round down to 20 zombies for a 4 player game.

Thats it! Nothing too crazy but we like it. Town Square Recovery is seldom used but seems to change the psychology a bit, players tend not to suicide or wander around aimlessly when they are down to a single heart with no bullets if they know there is some hope for recovery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Tanguma
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I really like your movement variant. Everyone here seems to use the roll 2 die method, but yours is more interesting imo. Gives the feeling of injury.

I also like someone else's idea to increase movement when the helipad surfaces. Sort of like an adrenaline burst to the finish. Perhaps yours could be further varied to incorporate that by doubling or increasing the heart bonus for all players after the helipad is placed. Just an idea.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sack Dan
msg tools
Hello, I am new to the forums, but I've been lurking for some time, now.

I like your movement idea. The heart variable seems to add a much needed feeling of care to the game.

Having played the original rules a few times me and my friends noticed that sometimes players just don't care about death. There is not enough punishment to death. Specially when we take the 25-zombies-win rule out of the play (we think it's a no-fun rule).

Thanks for the ideas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.