Popular Tags: [View All]
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that the official word is that FF can be played with 2 with no rule changes, but I'm curious. All of my plays have been with 4-5 players.
Has anyone made enough plays with both 2-players & with larger numbers to offer any observations on how the game is different, and what would make it play better with 2?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if I've had "enough plays", but I suggest you make the non-active planners' events be deactivated. All planners can still be used to declare a vote and speak in debates (as a wild card).

The biggest change in the feel of the 2-player game is how easy it is to accumulate influence markers.

Curious to see the other inputs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, let us know how it was. I haven't tried it yet and I'm curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my wife have played it two player quite a few times and enjoy it. The extra planners typically fall out fairly even but I like the idea of deactivating their power...we may look at that in the future. There is definatally less tension in managing your markers in 2 players, but it makes up for it in the voting as you can't let your opponent get too much down on one side while your busy playing powers and debating or you end up with a lopsided round that can kill you...so that tension helps maintain the fun of the game....though I definatally think its best with 4 or 5 than 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two things I'd suggest is starting both players out with an extra influence marker and having a 4 card causcus of delegates. Both of those changes really open up the game when you have 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.