Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Time off from gaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At heart, I am a rabid gamer, but even the most rabid of us occasionally have to step away from our beloved hobby to get some perspective. I have recently gone a number of weeks without any form of face to face gaming, either at home or at work on my breaks, and not even a single game hit the table during my recent vacation. What did I do instead?
Mostly I enjoyed the company of my family and friends. My wife and daughter are fascinationg people with lives that include a small amount of gaming, but range much further than mine, and for that I appalud them, and I have learned much from them. I also got to spend time doing another of my favorite activities, going to amusement parks. Walt Disney World was the destination, and the place meets and exceeds almost every expectation. While there aren't as many thrill rides as one might want, there are still rides and attractions of an amazing variety and outstanding quality.
A few favorite attractions there; Mission: Space, Test Track, Turtle Talk with Crush, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster, It's Tough To Be a Bug. Oh, and the Disney Wonder, too.
At any rate, having spent a bit of time away from gaming has given me a bit of perspective I think I lacked before, and perhaps I am not as rabid a gamer as I was before, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I love my game collection, but I don't think I will be spending as much this year as I have the past few years in pursuit of acquiring more and more games.
'Nuff said...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without wife & kid, you'd still be gaming. This single guy says, anyway. Do ya think ya'd still be doing Disney World?

I'm trying to game less. 1 day a week until I get some things done. Even after that, I hope to find a broader range of activities to distract me. (Ugh, "distract me"...from what? Life?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.