Subject: What are the skulls on the tiles for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin McDermott
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I have read through the rules several times and in the tiles section it mentions what the arrows are for but there is no mention of what the skulls mean. Anyone enlighten me? Did I just miss it in the online rules book? Is the online rulebook the same the one in the box?

ALSO, more a question for Pete Lee if he is checking out the forums, would trying to take some of the other character classes and convert them to CR unbalance the gameplay? Our gaming group has folks that like certain classes and would like them in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rules wrote:
When you have to “place a Monster,” this is shorthand for draw a Monster Card and place the corresponding Monster figure on the bone pile that’s on the Dungeon Tile you just placed.

Edit: It's on Page 7 (not pdf page 7, but rules page 7) of the online rules in the sidebar beneath the Exploration Phase section
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he's talking about the large skulls that appear on the corner of some tiles... They are for scenario use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My mistake, sorry to assume.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kim
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The skulls do indeed play into adventure specific rules. For example the online Adventure "Zombie Guards" says to set aside the zombie figures and place them whenever a skull tile is drawn.

Another adventure, the Howling Hag, limits you to a 5x5 dungeon that only uses the skull tiles to create the dungeon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lee
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The skulls mean nothing unless specified by the Adventure. One Adventure uses them to form a subset of tiles, and another use can be found in one of the online adventures.

A homemade hero being balanced depends on your design. At will powers typically deal 1 damage, sometimes 2. Daily powers need to be stronger and often deal damage on a miss. Utility powers should be a flashy power that fits the class well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Lee wrote:
The skulls mean nothing unless specified by the Adventure. One Adventure uses them to form a subset of tiles, and another use can be found in one of the online adventures.

A homemade hero being balanced depends on your design. At will powers typically deal 1 damage, sometimes 2. Daily powers need to be stronger and often deal damage on a miss. Utility powers should be a flashy power that fits the class well.

i am sure you have new ideas and already playtested a lot of things for future releases..right?

do you think "outdoor" adventures (so tiles with no wall etc) will work with the game's engine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this question has also been asked many times in the other threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McDermott
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
abodi wrote:
this question has also been asked many times in the other threads.

Wasn't looking in other threads, was looking in the RULES thread as it was a RULES question. To clarify I was talking about the large skulls on the tiles, not the bone pile spawn points. Thanks for the clarification folks and thanks Pete for the homebrew advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.