Tri-Ominos» Forums » General

Subject: Pressman - Incorrect tile config rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
First Last
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Today I was arranging the tiles from the Pressman 'gray triangle edition' and realized that the '1 3 4' tile is printed incorrectly. To have a correct sequence the 3 and the 4 should be switched.

I browsed the photos submitted by other users and found in other version it is printed the correct way but in pictures of my edition it is incorrect.

Not sure if this effects game play but from now on I am playing with the numbers written correctly in White-out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a similar problem with the Pressman regular dominos.

My 3-4 tile is printed 4-3. I just hate that...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Pressman dominoes. They're ALL backwards.

But my wife likes them 'cause she's a lefty, so now we just play backwards. You get used to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"...among college-educated people, left-handers earned 10 to 15 % more than their right-handed counterparts."

So blow that one out your...righthole!

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All Lefties are Sinister, while Righties are all Dexterous.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los 28
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Serbaside wrote:
Today I was arranging the tiles from the Pressman 'gray triangle edition' and realized that the '1 3 4' tile is printed incorrectly. To have a correct sequence the 3 and the 4 should be switched.

I browsed the photos submitted by other users and found in other version it is printed the correct way but in pictures of my edition it is incorrect.

Not sure if this effects game play but from now on I am playing with the numbers written correctly in White-out.

Can someone please explain this "problem" to me. I understand that '1 3 4' represents the tile containing these numbers. But I dont understand how "the sequence" could be wrong, and how to tell if someone else's game may have a similar problem.

I'm asking because I own a set, but I dont know how to determine if there is a problem with "the sequence" for this specific tile in my set. Please enlighten me with some information.

Thank you everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There actually IS a correct order to numbers on Tri-Ominos; starting from the lowest number on the tile, the numbers are not supposed to decrease going in a clockwise direction.

This principle is why Tri-Ominos use a 56-tile subset of all the tiles that could be made without it, and it is why there CAN be a 1-3-4 tile, but there should NOT be a 1-4-3 tile.

regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy
Germany
flag msg tools
Go Lizards, Go Hogs, Go Illini; and the Army keeps rolling along!
badge
Hillbilly Schwäbisch
mbmbmbmbmb
As already stated, there is a correct configuration: all the non-doubles (and non-triples) in a set are right handed -- the numbers from lowest to highest run clockwise on a tile. Your 1-4-3 is left-handed and was not intended to be a part of the 56-tile set.

Whether or not it affects game play is a subjective question. In any game, there will be numerous positions for which no tile exists to make a valid play. Your tile simply changes the exact set of positions for which no play is possible. (The number of such positions might actually be the same; I'm not sure.)

I've never understood why a set of Tri-ominos doesn't include the left-handed tiles in the first place. It only takes 20 more to make a full set. And it isn't just Pressman's edition that's limited to 56 -- every other version from every other publisher that I've actually seen only had 56. (I see on BGG that an edition exists called Tri-Ominos Gold with the full 76-tile set. That was news to me; thanks, BGG! I was seriously contemplating buying a second set, drilling out the numbers on 20 tiles, and making my own complete set.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.