Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I buy cards, can I use cards in my hand AND unit cards. Or do I need to choose?
Unit used to buy cards, are they discarded in my discard pile?

When attacking I can play a spell card per unit. Can I count mercenaries played in the previous step?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Madazam wrote:
When I buy cards, can I use cards in my hand AND unit cards. Or do I need to choose? Unit used to buy cards, are they discarded in my discard pile?

From the "Buying Cards" section of the rules: "The twelve cards... are available to be purchased by discarding cards in the Player's hand for their Gold, or by spending Gold given by a Unit Card in their Legion that total up to the Cost of the card." The use of the word "or" is a bit confusing, but the word "total" would seem to indicate that you can combine these two sources of gold: (i) cards discarded from your hand that produce the amount of gold indicated on the gold icon, and (ii) Legion units that generate gold from their special text ability without being discarded. That's how I understand it, anyway. See this thread for more details from the designer.

Madazam wrote:
When attacking I can play a spell card per unit. Can I count mercenaries played in the previous step?

From the rules: "There are three Unit types: Mercenaries, Armies, and Henchmen." Also: "Each unit in combat is allowed to cast one Spell..." Although there is a rule about Mercenaries not being able to have equipment attached to them, there is no rule about them not being able to cast spells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

About hencmen: do I need to spend an action to put a played henchman back on my hand and another one to play a new one, or can I swap them with one action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Madazam wrote:
About hencmen: do I need to spend an action to put a played henchman back on my hand and another one to play a new one, or can I swap them with one action?

One action. From the rules: "Each of the actions below costs one action point: From the Player's hand, swap one Henchmen or Equipment Card with a corresponding Henchmen or Equipment Card in his Legion."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! I forgot this one.
Anyway a little reference card for this game would have been a good idea.

I was just trying the game now simulating two players. There are some objects with life points. Obviously they improve the unit life points, but I had a doubt about wounds.
I mean, in case we have a unit with 4 life points with an aura attached that grants 3 life points. Does this mean that I will discard the two cards when the unit will suffer 7 wounds?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Zdanio
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Madazam wrote:
I mean, in case we have a unit with 4 life points with an aura attached that grants 3 life points. Does this mean that I will discard the two cards when the unit will suffer 7 wounds?

Thanks

Yes. They add to the health of the unit they are attached to. When the unit card is killed the equipment follows it to the discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.