Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Wilkinson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy of Flash Duel Deluxe recently, and had the opportunity yesterday to learn/teach/play it with a friend.

We went over the rules and played a round or two minus the special character cards just to get a hang of the rules. I was a bit disappointed at first, because it seemed almost TOO simplistic.

But then we added in the characters, and we found ourselves having a lot more fun. The rules were still fairly simple, and the gameplay was fast, but there were quite a bit of interesting strategies and decisions. We found ourselves analyzing the rounds as they were finished, discussing strategies and character strengths and weaknesses.
I love it when a game fosters this type of discussion.

Despite the need to end the day's game session, we kept playing new matches just to try out the various characters. Like a good fighting game, each person has their own styles that have certain advantages over some characters, and weaknesses to others. These match-ups are key in saving the game from being dull.

We had fun with the game, and I am overall pleased with the purchase. There were a couple points in the rules that seemed a bit ambiguous, so those need a bit more research. But overall, it is a fast and fun game, one which I look forward to playing more.

I have it scored as a 7 out of 10 right now, with the likelihood of rising to 8 as I become more familiar with the characters and their ideal strategies in the various match-ups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really a great filler game. I never think "gee, i feel like playing Flash Duel" but every time it does come down from the shelf I think "why don't we play that more often!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.