Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
GMT has listed a "charging" date for the HIS reprint of September 2. That's this Wednesday.

So just 48 hours more to order the reprint for $25 off ($60 instead of the list price of $85).

For those who haven't been following along, the reprint includes:
-- Full 2-player variant with Diplomacy deck
-- Mounted map with minor updates (e.g. several holding boxes)
-- Updated rulebook (includes errata)
-- Updated scenario book (includes errata and scenario balance changes)
-- Cards with text updates (to include FAQ clarifications)
-- Heavier duty counters
-- NEW Sequence of Play card (2-sided to cover both the standard game and the 2-player variant)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you just order the updated stuff (rules etc)? I'm happy with the paper map and already have the 2-player variant...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricijs Zaleskis
Germany
Lauter-Bernsbach
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you please send me the link, for 25$ I might even buy 2 copies of the game, simply, I can't find where the pre-order is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kinney
United States
Winthrop
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's the link:

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-248-here-i-stand.aspx

The game costs $60 pre-ordered. The regular price is $85, so you save $25.

Hope that helps.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Go Pats!
badge
My awesome son =)
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it bad that I want to order the reprint when I still haven't played the copy that I have??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Heh, I did the same thing...

I was going to just order the board, but I sprung for the whole new set.

At some point I'll sell on my 1st edition (still in shrink, so sad). Someday this thing is going to hit the table, but it's my cardboard license key for PBEM until then.

(oh, and I'll pre-order The Virgin Queen the day it hits, even though it will probably just share shelf space next to HIS.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Rustin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Sure wrote:
but it's my cardboard license key for PBEM until then.

I've ordered it mostly with the hopes of playing online. Where do people organize PBEM games? What are the sites to check out?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike R
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
elemental wrote:
I've ordered it mostly with the hopes of playing online. Where do people organize PBEM games? What are the sites to check out?

Everyone that I'm aware of plays PBEM games through ACTS. Once you're signed in, you can see a list of who's interested in playing. Alternately, you can just post something here stating that you're looking to start a game (for example).

You can also play online in real-time at Wargameroom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McDonough
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I ordered it and have never palyed a wargame. I just am so interested in this game. I am probably going to be needing help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Institute THIS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigspoon816 wrote:
Well I ordered it and have never palyed a wargame. I just am so interested in this game. I am probably going to be needing help.

That's what we're here for! I had never played a wargame before I picked this up, either, and after three years of more or less constant PBEM play there are still things that I mess up or forget.

The best way to learn is to get into a PBEM group where they know you need to learn, but any time you have questions, post them here on BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Awesome, can't wait to get it. I've played once; it was someone else's copy, and they taught it to me on the fly. I was overwhelmed, but fell in love with the Ottomans immediately. I love and have experience with the entire TNW family of games, so this should be a blast. I'll get the 2p game on the table right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Petricini
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered a copy yesterday.

The new reprint, plus the reduced P500 price was too good an offer to pass up. I know it'll be hard to get a face to face game organized, but I'm looking forward to PBEM - which I've never done before.

Would love to get into any other newbie games that are forming up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Canada
Parrsboro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
boom, boom, ramming speed, boom boom, boom, ludicrous speed, boom boom...
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!!

I was going to just get the mounted map as I love the Successors map. So my logic side said buy the new and sell the old for the LOW (preorder price - map price), so someone else can enjoy it.

However, emotion made me repeat this "logical thinking" for Sword of Rome and Paths of Glory...aahhhh. Anyone else get snagged with this type of thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Donovan
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Seldom have I been this excited to see a charge appear on my CC!

Can hardly wait to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon66 wrote:

Seldom have I been this excited to see a charge appear on my CC!

Can hardly wait to get it.

I've never been excited to see a charge appear on my Combat Commander!

I have been waiting for this one for a while - now to consider adding PoG or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Petricini
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
I have been waiting for this one for a while - now to consider adding PoG or not?

I added Paths of Glory too, and am still debating if I want to get Sword of Rome.

How does Sword compare to HIS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevan sumner
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Join us in June for Manitoba's longest-running game convention! www.prairiecon.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday was one of those rare occasions when I've been happy to see a charge appear on my credit card. I just hope it gets here for mid-October when I already have a games day lined up with enough players. Otherwise, it may not hit the table until January.

I've been very tempted to add a Paths of Glory pre-order. I know I'll pick it up at some point in the near future, but my Significant Other has already remarked on the number of new games I picked up this summer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
I converted my board-only preorder to full-game a couple of weeks ago, deciding I really wanted the big box, updates, and thick counters.

I'd had Paths of Glory on order since the reprint announcement came out, after failing to find a copy at a decent price for the last year or so.

Sword of Rome looks interesting, but there's only so many I can buy at a time. Maybe later, now that it's back in the channel.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with my first edition Here I Stand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
San Diego area
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djpetric wrote:
cmontgo2 wrote:

I added Paths of Glory too, and am still debating if I want to get Sword of Rome.

How does Sword compare to HIS?

Sword of Rome is much simpler and shorter than HIS, but has some similarities. The powers all feel different from one another, partially from separate abilities and scoring methods like HIS, but mostly from using separate card decks.

It has a lot more in common with Hannibal than HIS, because the generals use the same pair of activation/skill numbers and the process of moving, intercepting, etc. is very similar.

I've seen it get a little drawn out if people are more interested in arguing about who's ahead and who stabbed whom, but with some willingness to press forward it's a nice 4-5 hour game with a lot of battles and interesting card interactions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bresnick
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Real Life kept my attention unfocused for a few days and all this happened! I've been looking to pick up a copy of this for a while, so I have two questions:

1 - Am I still in time to grab a copy of this print run?

2 - Is it best to go straight through the GMT games site or should I look at some of the other shops that have ads up that I can preorder from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
1- Yes. The reprint will cover all the pre-orders plus give GMT enough stock to get it out to the stores (and probably hold some inventory for a while). No need to panic.

2- Up to you. I believe the pricing has reverted to MSRP at GMT's site, which may or may not be an issue for you. The online stores will do their discounting thing. It's possible that ordering from GMT will get it into your hands more quickly, but you should easily be able to get a copy from either route. There isn't a confirmed ship date yet anyway, just "a few weeks out".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Sure wrote:
I believe the pricing has reverted to MSRP at GMT's site, which may or may not be an issue for you.

I still see the P500 discount as of a few minutes ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.