Subject: Guess who's coming to dinner? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The great thing about Ravenloft fan created monsters is that there is still a great way to get them to "Pop Up" in the game without the need of exactly matching hard to create home made cards to "shuffle in" with the decks that come in the set.

Simply decide which "named dungeon TILES" these home made puppies will be encountered on BEFORE the game begins, and hey presto, the named dungeon tiles themselves once shuffled into the tile deck, become a "monster randomizer" in their own right, which can serve up these great fan created beauties, or any others you decide to trigger on other named locations...

The possibilities are endless!
Wonderful, just pure gaming joy, my complements to the chief

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's the PDF template for this?

Also, when I was making WizWar cards, I made so many cards, you could play with them instead of the original deck! If you have enough monsters, you could easily make your own monster deck, especially if you have a differently themed dungeon (eg. orc keep).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No PDFs for these as far as i can tell, as a geek member you can just select the highest quality size of the image, and it drag to your desktop to create a high res jpeg...
Mine came out fine, using this method...

I think we are in for a bright future of "fan created goodness" with this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GHOST FINGER wrote:
The great thing about Ravenloft fan created monsters is that there is still a great way to get them to "Pop Up" in the game without the need of exactly matching hard to create home made cards to "shuffle in" with the decks that come in the set.

Simply decide which "named dungeon TILES" these home made puppies will be encountered on BEFORE the game begins, and hey presto, the named dungeon tiles themselves once shuffled into the tile deck, become a "monster randomizer" in their own right, which can serve up these great fan created beauties, or any others you decide to trigger on other named locations...

The possibilities are endless!
Wonderful, just pure gaming joy, my complements to the chief

Custom cards are nice..
but everything need to be playtested A LOT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cutthroat Cardboard (Barry)
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:

Custom cards are nice..
but everything need to be playtested A LOT.

That depends on what you're trying to achieve? If you are looking to seamlessly merge custom cards into the game whist retaining similar balance to the scenarios that come in the box then you are looking at serious play testing. It's clear from what the designers have already told us that many of the existing cards have gone through a process of evolution.

If on the other hand you are simply looking for some down and dirty tweaking to vary the play experience and you don't particularly care if it provides an unbalanced game then it's all good.

Even so a little thought on how things will play out when the party meet a new monster will go a long way given, the one character dies everybody loses rule some powers might lead to a very quick finish. (though that threat might be what the scenario is about if you're going up against a Beholder surprise )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, if we could only get a Gelatinous Cube!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.