Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
When you activate it, you put it in your hand, which makes sense given that it can spawn monsters so putting it in your hand prevents them from spawning I guess. But then it says you can discard it if an attack misses your defending marine. What's the point of this?

The location card that has the artefact doesn't seem to tell you to do anything with it either, just that on entering you have to put it somewhere you want.

Edit: Looks like it's just the wording being ambiguous. I read it as you may discard it IF the attack misses, whereas it's supposed to mean you may discard it to make the attack miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
river city
msg tools
remember, the artifact card is a spawn point for GS, so getting rid of the card eliminates one position where GS spawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Johnson
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a Marine activate 2 terrain cards on his turn?

I guess I was thinking that the artifact wasn't really a "terrain".

More I think about it - it prob is. So no. Bummer. ha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Simons
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you caught this in your edit, but just to clarify: The artefact card can be used after a defending marine rolls (assuming he rolled lower than the number of genestealers) to make the genestealer attack "miss" rather than slay the marine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

To make perfect sense, all the card text needs to have is a couple of extra words and a comma. EG:

ACTIVATE
Place this card in your hand.

You may use (and then discard) this card after 1 of your defending Space Marines rolls the die, to make a successful attack MISS"

It's a great card. And an even greater game. Loving it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.