Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Battle for Armageddon» Forums » Rules

Subject: CRT table rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have wondererd about the CRT table a bit. Should the positions of "Defender Withdraws" and "Defender Routed" not be changed in the table? Like it is now, it absolutely makes no sense for me...

Concerning Factories/Hives: Does really only a "Withdraw" result turn the marker to it smoking ruins side? What about "Eliminated" results ???
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
leberegel wrote:
Concerning Factories/Hives: Does really only a "Withdraw" result turn the marker to it smoking ruins side? What about "Eliminated" results ???


Since you can take a Hive with an Exchange (or better) result, I'd say Factories fall with any similar result.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only found the rule (on the player aid sheet) that said you need an withdraw result for capturing a hive/factory. And it does not say "exchange or better" if I recall right...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At work so can't check, but Exchange and above all force the defender to retreat/withdraw.

Looking at the Special Unit Rules pic here on BGG:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/174266/battle-for-armaged...

Hives and Factories are destroyed and flipped if forced to retreat, which is exactly what Exchange and above does.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Elim result eliminates all defenders. No withdrawal will be done. That is what made me wonder, why it is explicitly stated that a "whithdraw/retreat" result will turn the hive/factory to the smoking ruisn side...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the other strange thing is the fact, that you subtract 1 from the die roll if attacking across a river. This makes it potentially worse for the defender, as the "Defender routed" result has lower values than the "defender withdraws" result...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DE when defender has Space Marines doesn't eliminate all defenders. SM just take a hit and are forced to retreat. Also, while H/F doesn't count for stacking or can't be used to take a single counter eliminated result (to save actual units), they still have a defense value, thus with DE I'd say they take a hit being a "defending counter".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The space marines are a special case.
But if there is a hive/factory without defender or without Space Marines a DE result will not turn the counter because according to the rules/CRT there is no withdrawal...
Which means that if I attack an hive at 7:1 I have only a slight chance to conquer it. First I thought that this is intention, to make it a bit more difficult for the orcs...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
leberegel wrote:
I have wondererd about the CRT table a bit. Should the positions of "Defender Withdraws" and "Defender Routed" not be changed in the table? Like it is now, it absolutely makes no sense for me...


Clearly it is a misprint and the results are incorrect on the CRT. If you notice the explanations of the results underneath the CRT are in the correct order.

leberegel wrote:
Concerning Factories/Hives: Does really only a "Withdraw" result turn the marker to it smoking ruins side? What about "Eliminated" results ???


They mention withdraw specifically to clarify that a simple withdraw destroys the H/F and following up with troops of 2 speed or better is not necessary. Clearly an exchange result or better will result in the destruction of the H/F as elimination will eliminate all defenders including their structures (Read: Hives and Factories).

Best thing to do is apply common sense when the designers have goofed or overlooked something.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran McCann
United Kingdom
Belfast
Nothern Ireland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Head_Rat wrote:
leberegel wrote:
I have wondererd about the CRT table...


Clearly it is a misprint and the results are incorrect on the CRT. If you notice the explanations of the results underneath the CRT are in the correct order.

leberegel wrote:
Concerning Factories/Hives:....


.....Clearly an exchange result or better will result in the destruction of the H/F as elimination will eliminate all defenders including their structures (Read: Hives and Factories).

Best thing to do is apply common sense when the designers have goofed or overlooked something.


Yes to this, it seems reasonable but...

Dam the Man wrote:
DE when defender has Space Marines doesn't eliminate all defenders. SM just take a hit and are forced to retreat.


Are you saying that two counters stacked with a SM counter that gets a DE result all that happens is that the SM counter is flipped?!?!
I would say that the 2 'normal' counters are elimited with the SM counter being flipped and having to retreat.

Regarding the H/Fs is it simply if they are attacked and lose and get a EX or higher result and are left with no counters after the attack they are flipped. shake

Dam the Man wrote:
Also, while H/F doesn't count for stacking or can't be used to take a single counter eliminated result (to save actual units), they still have a defense value, thus with DE I'd say they take a hit being a "defending counter".


Don't understand what you mean by this bit

Whaaaaggghhhh!!!!

"Burn the rule book, kill the game designer"
Commissioner Yarrick at the Battle For Armageddon

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.