Subject: Content for combined games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Over at the Axis & Allies Europe 1940 game forum we are having a discussion that could use some input from people more versed in BGG structure that the average A&A-following geek.

The issues is that Axis & Allies Europe 1940 and Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 can be combined into a Global game that is, in a sense, both it's own game and the two games combined.

We would like content for the global game to get it's fair share of attention from people accessing any of the games.

Please see this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/557016/bgg-connection-be...

It might be best to continue the discussion in the thread above.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Axis & Allies family would be the place for that content.

Note that a family has both its own information and links to the individual games.

Alternatively, you could propose (Misc / Add Family) a Axis & Allies 1940 family for just those two games. I don't know how admin would feel about that.

It seems to me the thread has already come up with the same answers, so I think you're on the right track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be useful to have separate database entries for games that are combinations of other games. Another example of this is Uber-Chrononauts, which is the game you play by combining Chrononauts and Early American Chrononauts. Those two games have essentially the same rules, but when you combine them, there are extra rules that necessary to have the uber-game work -- modifications to the turn sequence, winning conditions, and a few miscellaneous items. It's a separate game, and if I wanted to log the fact that we played it a couple of days ago, I really can't do it. Saying I played both the components isn't really the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Walt's right. The family pages are the correct place. They have their own forums, as well as aggregated forums of all the members of the family...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for your input.

I see a few problems with the family solution though.

- Content will be mixed with ancient, and only remotely related, A&A games. Perhaps this could be alleviated with a 1940 sub-family? I suppose a family can be a member of another family?

- You can't track games played etc. for a family.

How about letting the games be expansions for each other? Would the games have to be classified as expansions thmeselves for that to work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.