Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Jefferson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got called out for trying to enforce a rule that I was very sure that I had read in the rulebook, but when I checked (on a different set than I learned on) it was not there. Could it be present in some other edition?

The rule is: When scoring a completed city that consists of only two tiles, you only score two points, one for each tile, rather than the normal two per tile.

I rather like the rule. But if it has never been an official rule, I'll suggest it but not push too hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
That rule existed in earlier editions but not in the most recent editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Jefferson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I was worried I was losing my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
That rule existed in earlier editions but not in the most recent editions.

I believe it was in just the first edition rules, which were official as far as Rio Grande was concerned until the last year, or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Da Complete Up to Date Carcassonne Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefforama wrote:

I don't think he said you weren't... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Jefferson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
Jefforama wrote:

I don't think he said you weren't... shake

Edit: I was worried that there was more evidence that I am losing my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of those games with many official rules that players need to agree which ones they're using, ideally before starting the game. I did a POLL inquiring about this thing, so I'll quote that instead of retyping everything.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/551830/poll-what-rules-d...

I used to play with the older editions a good amount at a couple certain places, in addition to on BSW:
--Farms are scored per city (count how many farmers connect with each completed city)
--award 3 to 4pts per city
--completed 2 tile cities (aka "football cities") via knights are worth only 2pts

But ever since I played with newer editions at other venues, not to mention Carcassonne for iOS, my mind has slowly shifted towards the recent ruleset:
--farms are scored per field (count how many famers are in each field, then it's 3pts per completed city that touches that field for the player(s) with most control)
--3pts per city
--completed 2 tile cities (aka "football cities") via knights are worth the full 4pts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefforama wrote:

How is this evidence that your not?

Seriously though, last year I purchased the most recent big box after having the original edition of Carc for a number of years. I thumbed through the new rules and it seemed as though a number of things changed from the original rule set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes I think I am losing my mind, but then I think "No, you're just imagining it." That starts a fight. I am not sure which side of the fight in my head is winning, until I see myself floating above my body and a quiet peace settles over me. At that point, I normally wake up with chocolate milk drool all over my pillow, and I have to do another load of laundry...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never did play from the RGG rules (always used the download from the geek that had the English translation of the current German rules), so it didn't shake me when they finally changed.

But, this thread gives me an excuse for posting one of my favorite Alspach cartoons!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.