Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: UPDATE: SEMI-Gamers Game Day (20-Feb-05) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
UPDATE:

Ok all, I have confirmed that Phoenix Rising ( http://www.prhobbies.com ) is willing to host us for our upcoming game day on Sunday 20-Feb-05. The store opens at 12 noon and will remain open till 8PM. I know several of you are not able to attend - you will be missed. For those attending - please be sure to add comments below about any games you'd like to play. I'll offer to bring just about anything in my collection - just let me know. Looking forward to another great day of gaming.

-Ken
Full-Time SEMI gamer

Original Post:
I was thinking back on the excellent game day several of us MI BGG gamers had and began to realize two important things:
1) We need a South-East MI game group.
2) We need another game day.

There is of course a slight problem. There is no "group" per se, and while we agreed another game day would be great, no plans were ever made. So, here goes both a proposal and an invitation.

------------------------------------------------------------
Attention South-East Michigan Gamers!

+ Are you interested in playing great board games?
+ Are you looking for great people to play games with?
+ Are you tired of looking for a game group?
+ Are you interested in a game group, but afraid of commitments?
+ Are you worried that if you join a game group, you'll end up playing with unshowered geeks?

Well fear no more! SEMI-Gamers is here. The South-East Michigan gamers is the group for you. We are a family-friendly, informal, no-strings attached group of gamers with a passion for board games. (and we shower regularly )

Our Next Game Day:
When: Sunday, February 20, 2005
Time: 12 noon till evening
Loc : Phoenix Rising, Waterford, MI

If you are interested in joining us for a fun-filled day of games, contact Ken (BGG: Audacon).
------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I'm no advertising expert. But still, I'm interested in getting this group going. Our first game day was a blast, so I'm offering to set-up and host a web-site for the group to help coordinate game days. The web-site would provide information on upcoming events, a place to see who is planning to attend, and what games are likely to be played. It would also allow you to request a particular game if there is one you'd like to play. I'd like to aim for having a game day event once a month, but this can change based on people's obligations and availability.

If you are interested and/or have suggestions for the SEMI-Gamers web site, please send me BGG mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John (Jay) Gettel
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SEMI
Ken,

I'd like to find out more about SEMI.

I live in Brighton. And I shower also.

Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Absent
Due to a previously scheduled weekend jaunt north, I will not be able to participate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably Not, but fingers crossed
I am heading to the UP for work this week and it's a tossup not whether I will be home for the weekend.

If I am in town, I (and my junior gamers) will be there.

For any folks on the fence, last time was a lot of fun, I highly recommend it!

I like SEMI-gamers, Ken. It makes me sound like I only play games half the time. If I can convince my wife of that underestimate, maybe I can play more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ersatz Ursatz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure I'll be able to make it this week. Is anyone interested in playing Lord of the Ringssauron or Vanished Planet?zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Barry
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Again
I will once again attempt to make this game day. I am very interested (and I shower).

Hopefully this weekend the wife will not get the flu and can watch the kids so I can attend. Hope to meet you all on Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark D. Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to make it if I can. There are lots of ad-hoc gaming groups in the SEMI area, but it would be good to get organized and have common communication for all our various events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ersatz Ursatz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'll try to make it if I can. There are lots of ad-hoc gaming groups in the SEMI area, but it would be good to get organized and have common communication for all our various events.

Clark,

You're from Ann Arbor, right? Maybe we can carpool.caravan

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Clark,

You're from Ann Arbor, right? Maybe we can carpool.

Steve

Clark,

If you ride with Steve, make sure he turns his lights off when you get there! laugh

Happy Gaming,
Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Oh No! The geeks are organizing!
Clark,
Agreed 100%. There are many ad hoc groups here and there, but no central game group / club. A larger group with regular events would be great.

All,
It looks like we'll have at least 4 people this week, which was the mininum in the back of mind. That's great news. I'll firm up the location details. We should probably start listing games we want to try and play this Sunday. Continue this thread, errr... Journal, and add games to bring.

I'll start the list with some suggestions from Steve (BGG: Schenker) and me (BGG: Audacon):

- Lord of the Rings
- Vanished Planet
- Samurai
- Trias
- Formula De (running a club season might be fun)

Looking forward to another great gaming day.

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Andrews
United States
Birmingham
Michigan
flag msg tools
No Can Do...
I'd love to come back on Sunday, but you Geeks are going to need to find other cannon fodder this weekend, as we're having dinner guests. Anyone want to step in and volunteer to take my ceremonial place at the back of the pack in every single game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.M. Diller
United States
North Street
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Joe, I tied for last with you in Capitol. That's the best I can do.

I don't think I'll make it to this one, but will keep an eye on things so I can attend the next one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.