Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
Player 1 attacks player 2

Both legions are killed in the assault completely, meaning both players put their heroes in their discard pile.

It's now player 2's turn, he claims 1/3 of his discard pile, places his hero and a few other cards. Can he then attack player 1 for a 'free' 1 PP? Player 1 doesn't have anything on the table but he can be legally attacked since he has only just finished his turn and hasn't yet been attacked. I would assume if yes then this would just be 1 PP for the attacker?

In hindsight, this probably is allowed since 1 PP is a pretty lame turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Manoff
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think it would be legal, but hardly worth an action to gain 1 PP. You probably need that action to rebuild your Legion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
Well you get one action for every card you pull out of the discard piles, and playing your hero is a free action, so you kind of have one 'free' action left over once you have played every card you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jefferies
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My name is Oobydoob Scooby-dooby Banooby. I have the silliest name in the galaxy. (Thumb Wars)
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say 'no' you can't...if there's nothing there to attack what are you gaining a PP for? Looking for a battle! Makes way more sense to me to say you have to wait unitl there are units that can be attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the official ruling:
Quote:
Q16: Does a player with no units on the board still technically have a "Legion" for the purposes of attacking that player?

A: No, players with no units, or Heroes, may not be attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.