Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's a nifty online version of wiz-war, but there's a small problem... To unzip it you need a password, and the password is in the previous version of the game, and I don't think there's a place to download the old version anymore. Can someone give me a hand? I own a physical copy of the game, and being able to play it via the internet and hot-seat on my computer sounds great, but, as I said, I can't unzip the program.

Is there a way to get a previous version, or could someone geekmail me this elusive password?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sheets
United States
Pinson
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new licensee of the game now owns the computer game rights to the game so the only those that had the old version can use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So there's no way to access the online version, even if you own a physical copy of the game? That seems like a horrible tease, having the files and not being able to use them due to a win-zip password. There's no way for a new owner to join this illustrious club of old timers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michael,

Sorry about that, but my contract with Tom Jolly expired and I can no longer distribute the computer game since another company now owns computer rights (they're scheduled to put out the new board game edition in the near future). I put up the password protected version because I didn't want to deprive previous users of some of the bug fixes I added, but unfortunately I can't make the game available to new users.

If something changes (like the other company granting me rights) I'll be happy to make the game available again, but I'm not holding my breath for that happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the online file? I have a friend that's not very tech savvy, but I'm pretty sure he has the old version of the game and would appreciate an updated version if I can point him at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.wizwar.com/ol/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coen Velden
Germany
Geldern
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aubigny wrote:

I got a "403/forbidden" there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what happened. The website was still online yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coen Velden
Germany
Geldern
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aubigny wrote:
I don't know what happened. The website was still online yesterday.

It worked today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It worked for me today too and I grabbed the file. Unfortunately the password doesn't work using the paper rulebook that came with my original version of the game like I thought it would I guess it's not the same as the rulebook that came with the original version of the program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, as I mentioned above, I no longer have the rights to distribute the WizWar computer game. FFG now has the computer rights. The current version is there for anyone who has a previous version of the game and wants to update to the latest version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.