Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Civilization for $4.67 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Molander
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im so happy that I must share my feelings with you guys.

This is what has happened. I bought Civilization from Gibson Games for 4.67$ + shipment on Ebay.

I just dont understand that no one saw this game and outbid me. I had a made an offer for maxium 5 GPB but won it for only 2.5.

I feel like a real arrrh!

One question, is there a difference between Avalon Hills version of the game and Gibsons? Can I use the Western border expansion for the Gibsons version?

This is it:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...:MEWN:IT

Regards
Jim Molander

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Molander
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Civilization
Civilization not Civiligzation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice score!

There's a German version of the Western Expansion map that looks like it would work with the Gibsons version of Civilization. I'm not sure though. Might be easiest and cheapest just to make your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Ruck
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Crabro was my first own-design stunt kite, named after a genus of black and yellow stinging insect in the UK
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not
I have both, and from memory, probably not.

I really like the Gibson's board though. At one time we played with Gibson's board, Hartland's counters and AH's cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Molander
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
?
Are you guys saying that the official western expansion probably would not work together with Gibson Games version of Civ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sommer
Denmark
copenhagen downtown
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Civiligzation kicks ass
yeah we just played , it took us 10 hours and we only got to 7 cards in our hands BUT it was fun .A great game but to be played once a year I guess.We used the Advciv trading rules .

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine (who is also a member here) met a girl in person after chatting with her at ICQ for a couple of days.

Knowing that he likes boardgames she offered to give him as a gift an old game that she had from her father and was too complex to play.

It was AH's Civilization and my friend took it for free and in mind condition!!! What a lucky guy!!!

meeplemeeplemeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None of the expansions will work with the Gibson version, which is probably why you got it so cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.