Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you read that right. This year's event is going to a 3 day con!

This year's event will be held from Friday, November 12th through Sunday the 14th.

This years longer event will also be a bigger event. It will be held downtown at the Avalon Hotel with a lot more space than last year. I think it might be triple the size.

There will be open board gaming as well as scheduled board gaming and other events.

Last year I ran Titan, but I'm not planning on running any long games this year. I will be busy demoing a stack of over 20 games donated by Ape Games, Fred/Eagle, Wattsalpoag, and Z-Man. These games will be given away to random people who tried them out over the weekend. Jay at Rio has also donated demo copies of Priests of Ra, Egiza, and Macao that I'll be teaching.

I will also be bringing a good chunk of my collection to serve as most of the board game library. PM me or post to this thread any requests so I'm sure to pack that game you're looking for.

It's only $15 for the whole weekend if you prereg, and there are no ticket fees for events or any of that sillyness.

I THINK that rooms at the hotel are under $75/night, but don't quote me on that. I was unable to get any rate when I ckecked it just now. I think parking for the whole con is only $6 total with in and out privileges.

Last year saw over 200 paying registrants and I think at least half the room was playing board games at any given time.

Here's the website with the rest of the details. It's much better than prior years.

http://www.eriedog.com/index.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sturm
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looking forward to it and considering running some events as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Wow, you guys have grown! I might try to make it up on Saturday the 13th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the old guard are still running things, but some new faces with bigger vision have stepped up, so it's a much more robust con this time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Travis from Indie Board and Cards is sending Triumvirate, Haggis and The Resistance to add to the give away pile. The count is now over 30 games and still growing.

Here is a blurb on each of Indies prizes:

The Resistance -

The Resistance is an intense social deduction game for 5-10 players. While it shares similarities with games like Werewolf, Mafia and even Battlestar Galactica it has many very unique features such as a quick 30 minute play time, no moderator required and no player elimination.

Set in the near future, The Resistance pits a small group of resistance fighters against a powerful and corrupt government. The resistance has launched a series of bold and daring missions to bring the government to its knees. Unfortunately spies have infiltrated the resistance ranks, ready to sabotage the carefully crafted plans. Even a single spy can take down a resistance mission team, choose your teams carefully or forever lose your chance for freedom.

Included in this release is a full expansion - "The Plot Thickens" is 15 additional action cards that increase the pressure and pacing of the game, and requires the spies to be even more deceitful if they are to achieve victory.

The Resistance artfully balances pure deduction elements with the social elements into a game that creates the adrenaline filled moments of high stakes poker but in a full interactive and social event. Its not for the faint of heart, or slow of mind - but if you are quick on your feet you'll be proud of your hard fought victories.

Haggis -

Haggis is a climbing card game for 2-3 in the same family as Tichu, Zheng Fen and Big Two. Haggis features traditional elements of card combinations, bombs, scoring for cards in hand, scoring for cards collected in tricks. and bidding/betting. Innovative wild cards create tension in every hand. Sean Ross designed Haggis over a number of years, extensively testing over thousands of hands to create a very engaging and balanced game. Gary Simpson has done a masterful job on the original artwork, that has to be seen to be appreciated.
Haggis a card game for 2-3 players that plays in approximately 45 minutes.

Triumvirate -

Triumvirate is a fast paced game for two that requires subtle hand management and card play to win. It is an indirect game where the players represent the leaders of Roman noble houses. These noble leaders will be maneuvering the mostly political and sometimes military struggles that will determine which of the triumvir (Caesar, Pompey and Crassus) will be crowned as Emperor while also building influence with the individual Triumvirate members. The game ends when an Emperor is crowned, the winner is the player with the most influence over the Emperor at the end of the game. You can try to win outright, but usually you'll have to manipulate your way to victory.

The innovative twists on trick taking make for a very satisfying, imperfect information game that really works for two players! The game is meaty enough to be a good "filler" for gamers, but subtle enough to be enjoyed by significant others.

2 Players, A round plays in 15 Minutes, game length options from 15 to 45 minutes.

- Travis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the information I have on the Avalon Hotel:

Room rate is $65/night (plus 11% tax).
Because of special block rate, rooms can't be booked online - guests will need to call the Avalon Hotel at 814-459-2220 to make reservations.
Block is reserved under Erie Days Gaming Convention.

I don't know how big or how long the block will be held, so reserve now. November is approaching quicker than you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Days of Wonder is sending some demo games to add to the library. Once I get them I'll post which ones, but I beleive Mystery Express, Small World, and Memoir are in there at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're about a month out now.

The Days of Wonder games for the library arrived. We have Memior 44 and there are already events scheduled to run this one.

We also have Small World, Shadows over Camelot, and Mystery Express.

I ran the teaching game last night for the demo crew, and Mystery Express is pretty decent. I hated Mystery at the Abbey, but I actually like this deduction game. It's much more gamey with direct choices that affect other players knowledge.

We still haven't received any of the gmaes from Indy Boards and Cards, so for now, no demos of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT showed up. We have Washington's War, Twilight Stuggle Deluxe, Dominant Species, and Lemmings to add to the play to win prize pool.

Fantasy flight has sent Tanhauser, Warhammer Invasion LCG, and Android to add to the game library.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEG has supplied Myth - Pantheons, and Rush n' Crush for the prize pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indie boards and cards has arrived.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edog starts tommorrow and we have great weather, 60 thoughout the weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Woooo! Driving up from Pittsburgh after work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than a day before it starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bush
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Friday night we're running a room with all zombie-themed games - LNOE, Mall of Horror, a zombied-up game of Dust Tactics, some Savage Worlds zombie scenarios, the Haiti variant for Puerto Rico from here on the Geek, Zombie Dice, and some home-brewed miniatures games as well!

Mmm-MMMM! I can almost taste those sweet, juicy brains already!

zombiezombiezombiezombiezombieNOM NOM NOMzombiezombiezombiezombiezombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.